Sectional Brackets

eagledad

48 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

How would they get them? I'm curious how you know so much about this? The only brackets coaches have are the ones they created at the meeting.

Were coaches asked to not release the brackets of their sectionals to the public?

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The IHSAA has complete control over the brackets release. 

Joe do we know (or are we allowed to know) what is going on and when they will actually be released?  Where did the miscommunication happen that allowed about half of the brackets to be released?

1 minute ago, SWINfan said:

Joe do we know (or are we allowed to know) what is going on and when they will actually be released? 

Faulkens has ordered all the brackets be closed.

As of right now we'll get to see them at 10am EST on Friday

Where did the miscommunication happen that allowed about half of the brackets to be released?

Tournament admins can set them to be open, but Faulkens ordered the TrackWrestilng admins to close them last night.

21 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

The IHSAA has complete control over the brackets release. 

Which is fair; however, it does not make sense to have some sectional's release their info today (like Castle's is) and some with a posted 'release info to public' on Friday. 

1 minute ago, pritchem said:

Which is fair; however, it does not make sense to have some sectional's release their info today (like Castle's is) and some with a posted 'release info to public' on Friday. 

At least 15 released them last night and all were subsequently locked.  No idea why any would be available now.  Sounds like we have a technical issue....   or a Southern Cowboy saying to hell with the rules.  My bet is on the technical issue

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

At least 15 released them last night and all were subsequently locked.  No idea why any would be available now.  Sounds like we have a technical issue....   or a Southern Cowboy saying to hell with the rules.  My bet is on the technical issue

I'm betting it's a southern cowboy....

So what is the IHSAA logic for the late bracket release occurring the 25th at 9AM Eastern?   Heres some of my theories.

1. Historically,  as everybody knows, they've been released much earlier.

2.  Are they waiting for the let coaches digest or even  give them an opportunity to make complaints or recommendations for changes prior to the brackets being released?

3.  Has there been a problem with any public commentary in the past creating controversy?  Maybe the IHSAA feels by waiting for time closer to the tournament,  they'll get less annoying public input from fans & parents.

4.  Is the IHSAA tired of people complaining about wrestle backs  and class wrestling and in a petty way punishing fans for their complaints.

5.  Maybe some "Southern Cowboys" broke the rules and submitted earlier than they wanted,  and as a result are going to make everybody wait till Friday? because of a few bad apples?

6.  Maybe they're concerned about Y2CJ41 control and monopolization of the wrestling media,  and  are sending him a message that they control the message.

7.  Maybe its the bad guy good guy theory.  They project to the fans that fans you got to wait till Friday,  then they give them early like an early Christmas present, then we end up loving them.

8. TrackGopher has a secret back door agreement with the IHSAA,  and they're going to announce this afternoon that you can get access to brackets early by getting  Trackwrestling premium membership.

9.  Maybe Y2 has a secret agreement with IHSAA and,  Y2 will announce this afternoon that he will  send brackets to you if you buy a Indiana mat shirt or early subscription to next seasons preview.

Hey just theories.

I’ve been told from a pretty reliable source that the hold up is surrounding qualifying weigh-ins and the weight management protocol as a whole.  It was said that the IHSAA is making sure that student athletes are not dropping below their qualifying weights.  

All hearsay at this point.  But thought I’d share.  I guess we’ll know soon enough, if guys are up a weight class from where we may have projected.

1 minute ago, Perseverance said:

I’ve been told from a pretty reliable source that the hold up is surrounding qualifying weigh-ins and the weight management protocol as a whole.  It was said that the IHSAA is making sure that student athletes are not dropping below their qualifying weights.  

All hearsay at this point.  But thought I’d share.  I guess we’ll know soon enough, if guys are up a weight class from where we may have projected.

So are they doing a systematic investigation or auditing the coaches weigh in and qualifying weight info?   Theres a lot of kids to check.

6 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

That is probably true. My son was going to wrestle 138 but his scratch weight didn’t count because he lost more then 2 lbs in a week he lost a little over 3. He’s weight has been all over the map. He should’ve did his scratch weight a couple weeks before when he was weighing 139-140. We didn’t realize you could only lose 2 lbs in a week.  He wrestled several matches at 138 but he weighed in at 138.4 and in the 139s so he had to go back to 145.  

2 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

So are they doing a systematic investigation or auditing the coaches weigh in and qualifying weight info?   Theres a lot of kids to check.

Agreed.  I have no other info outside of what I shared brother. Maybe it’s groundless.....or perhaps it carries some weight.  Ultimately it’s outside info from a pretty reliable source.

Not sure how Track would do seedlings if qualifying weights don’t align.....and ultimately much comes down to the integrity of AD’s and how stringent they may be.....or may not have been in the past. (Shugs)

6 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

Agreed.  I have no other info outside of what I shared brother. Maybe it’s groundless.....or perhaps it carries some weight.  Ultimately it’s outside info from a pretty reliable source.

Not sure how Track would do seedlings if qualifying weights don’t align.....and ultimately much comes down to the integrity of AD’s and how stringent they may be.....or may not have been in the past. (Shugs)

There is a procedure for a change in a bracket that involves a seeded wrestler leaving a bracket for whatever reason be it injury, personal reason or a potential default.   The seeded wrestlers below the wrestlers exiting are moved up a spot.   I think the school who has a exiting wrestler, puts their substitute wrestler if they have one,  in the lowest remaining seeded spot.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

16 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

So I'm assuming they will hold the boys basketball sectional brackets until the day before games start to ensure teams are only using players with full eligibility.  

3 minutes ago, BClark said:

So I'm assuming they will hold the boys basketball sectional brackets until the day before games start to ensure teams are only using players with full eligibility.  

I understand your point.  And I was looking forward to going through various brackets also.  But ultimately.......I can’t speak on the intracasies of how the IHSAA does things.  I was simply sharing gained info to go along with all the other speculation.  

13 minutes ago, ChrisMC said:

That is probably true. My son was going to wrestle 138 but his scratch weight didn’t count because he lost more then 2 lbs in a week he lost a little over 3. He’s weight has been all over the map. He should’ve did his scratch weight a couple weeks before when he was weighing 139-140. We didn’t realize you could only lose 2 lbs in a week.  He wrestled several matches at 138 but he weighed in at 138.4 and in the 139s so he had to go back to 145.  

Sorry to hear that brother.  Something our Head Coach said that has really helped him is the “Dashboard” on his IHSAA account.  It will give you the weight your wrestlers can legally be at week to week.  This may be something you can look into for yourself (with Head Coach if applicable) moving forward.  Genuinely hope your son still finds success at 145 man.

54 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

So what is the IHSAA logic for the late bracket release occurring the 25th at 9AM Eastern?   

2.  Are they waiting for the let coaches digest or even  give them an opportunity to make complaints or recommendations for changes prior to the brackets being released?

3.  Has there been a problem with any public commentary in the past creating controversy?  Maybe the IHSAA feels by waiting for time closer to the tournament,  they'll get less annoying public input from fans & parents.

4.  Is the IHSAA tired of people complaining about wrestle backs  and class wrestling and in a petty way punishing fans for their complaints.

5.  Maybe some "Southern Cowboys" broke the rules and submitted earlier than they wanted,  and as a result are going to make everybody wait till Friday? because of a few bad apples?

6.  Maybe they're concerned about Y2CJ41 control and monopolization of the wrestling media,  and  are sending him a message that they control the message.

7.  Maybe its the bad guy good guy theory.  They project to the fans that fans you got to wait till Friday,  then they give them early like an early Christmas present, then we end up loving them.

8. TrackGopher has a secret back door agreement with the IHSAA,  and they're going to announce this afternoon that you can get access to brackets early by getting  Trackwrestling premium membership.

9.  Maybe Y2 has a secret agreement with IHSAA and,  Y2 will announce this afternoon that he will  send brackets to you if you buy a Indiana mat shirt or early subscription to next seasons preview. 

This is what the TheCountyTMZ is releasing in its North, Central, South branches to the Wrestling Media . The Wrestling People are outraged over #SectionalGate2019 . 

Dearest Wrestling People calm down. It’s just the Sectionals. Everything will be alright.

The Notorious  

P.S. Thank you for making me work instead of spending my first 2 hours here looking at brackets . Carry on ...

Edited by TeamGarcia
Added paragraph of my feelings being hurt

42 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

So what is the IHSAA logic for the late bracket release occurring the 25th at 9AM Eastern?   Heres some of my theories.

Hey just theories.

Might have to go back to the olden days of coaches sending me the handwritten scanned documents so I can post them. I really do miss hounding sectional coaches for a copy of the brackets. 

Just think it's really only been about 10 years since we have been able to see all 32 sectional brackets. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.