Indiana vs. Purdue in Mackey Arena tonight!

Very exciting match tonight as Purdue and IU square off at 7 p.m. at Mackey Arena. I'm a Purdue student and Perry Meridian Wrestling alumn currently covering wrestling for Purdue's student newspaper, The Exponent. I had a chance to talk to Coach Ersland and Jacob Aven yesterday after practice, and tried to highlight some of the match ups between Indiana guys in my preview article.

https://www.purdueexponent.org/sports/mens/wrestling/article_fc0966d0-1b35-11e9-983b-af97b5d99edb.html

Aven was very in tune with everything going on in High School wrestling, and felt that many of the wrestling fans present tonight will cheer for both sides. Let's hope for a great night of wrestling!

27 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Nice job.  Do you have any idea on what kind of crowd they are expecting or hoping for?

The last Purdue/IU dual in Mackey drew around 2000 fans to the best of my knowledge. That weekend, there were similar icy weather conditions to this one, so that definitely reduced turnout. I know they're hoping to have a bigger turnout this time, but we'll see!