IU’s new facility opens!!

ontherise219

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:05 PM, MattM said:

Easiest answer is it’s very close to their old facility.  It’s right off 10th street and IN46/IN45. 

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:56 PM, TeamGarcia said:

Right next to Assembly Hall

Okay so who's right?  Your two answers are different.  #SeymorVsTheCounty

2 hours ago, backtothemat said:

Okay so who's right?  Your two answers are different.  #SeymorVsTheCounty

I’d go with the other answer if they have been. I’ve not been there yet personally to verify anything.  Just going off the information I was given a few weeks back, when I contacted the school information so I could get there later on.  The person who responded may have got mixed up and provide information to get to the old building.  

Update:

Did my own research and found out it was set to be built off of Fee Lane and 17th street.  So unless that changed, it would have went into the corner of the Assembly Hall complex by Cook Hall and the Fieldhouse.  Dang IU, get a more up to date student worker in your information department.  

Edited by MattM

Wilkinson Hall is at the corner of Fee lane and 17th street. East of Cook Hall, Indianas practice basketball facility and south of Gladstein Fieldhouse, Indiana s indoor track facility. Parking is accessed from either street. Sweet Facility. This is no where near the old facility , University gym. Number 1 coming to town Sunday. 

So the place was almost full, a lot of Evansville representation in the house. Wow, what a fun atmosphere to be in. Big change from the last 8-10 years or so. The wrestling was good. The out come was as expected, but it didn't keep the crowd away. No Konrath, Weaver or Danisak. Things are looking up for the Hoosiers.

The new facility looks really nice and is a great thing for IU Wrestling.  Things are definitely looking in a positive direction.  But the gap between IU (and Purdue for that matter) and Penn State aside from on the mat is still huge.  For example, Penn St. wrestles in Rec Hall which seats just over 6k.  Penn St. fills it, with paid admissions.  They have a waiting list for season tickets.  This Friday night they will host Michigan in the Bryce Jordan Center which holds 15k and it will be sold out.  It's my understanding that admission for both the Purdue and Indiana matches was free this weekend.  Hopefully, they'll be able to build demand to where they can fill the 3,000 seats regularly and eventually have the paid ticket demand to create revenue.  Obviously that won't happen overnight.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.