NCAA Tickets Pittsburgh

8 hours ago, Nick Dewig said:

We missed out on our tickets this year. Let me know if anyone has any they are interested in selling. Thanks! 

Was reading on Penn State board earlier today they seem to be few and far between.  Schools are getting lower allotments (or at least less than they request).  Looks like it may be an expensive ticket this year.

Tickets are available (stubhub, vividseats, etc) they're just extremely pricey. How bad do you want to go & what is it worth to you?

There are even NCAA Experience Single Session tickets available directly from the NCAA, but the all session tickets you can get from the ticket brokers are a better deal IMO.

Edited by SIACfan

On 1/17/2019 at 7:29 PM, SWINfan said:

Was reading on Penn State board earlier today they seem to be few and far between.  Schools are getting lower allotments (or at least less than they request).  Looks like it may be an expensive ticket this year.

Has there ever been consideration of going to a basketball Final Four modified dome type of setup so there could be more seating? Especially with the big screens at NFL venues these days, you could make it a pretty unbelievable experience for everyone and allow more than double the capacity.

I suppose there aren't so many options for location in the wrestling belt if you go that route, but it would be interesting.

Edited by maligned

Basically it's St. Louis, Indianapolis, Syracuse NY, Detroit, or Minneapolis that have large domes that fall in the "wrestling belt" that runs eastward from the plains through the upper midwest/mideast into NY/NJ. 

Sorry to hijack the thread.

6 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

It's in Minneapolis next year.

That's funny. I didn't look up future sites. It's actually in the cities I mentioned for the next 3 years (2021 and 2022 are in St Louis and Detroit; but those two will be in basketball arenas, not the cities' domes). I wonder what they'll do capacity-wise in US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis next year.

• 1 month later...

Tickets were very rare this year and only went on sale after the schools got their allocations. Anywhere you go you here every school increased the number they requested, but got the smallest (percentage) allocation they have ever had. It was so tight this year that the old trick of signing up for UT Chattanooga season tickets to get on their list for NCAA tickets did not work too well this year.

Demand has grown but the past two years have been in stadiums that hold 20,600 and 19,800. The hope is that next year in Minneapolis the seating will be configured to hold around 25,000. But, the NCAA will still wait until after they figure out the school allocations before anything goes "on sale to the public." I put that in quotes because it seems like the only tickets available for the public are being re-sold on the NCAA affiliated official ticket re-selling sight, Primesport. And the numbers they are asking are exorbitant.

Right after the allocations were done there were only 16 seats being offered on Primesport ranging from $800 in the back half of section 225 to over $2,000 for section 111. Now there are 103 tickets offered ranging between $575 (for 1) to $2,990. The lower level starts at $1500. There is even a block of 12 available now, which sure seems like a group that got tickets from the NCAA deciding to cash in.

All in all, this year it feels like the height of cynicism. It feels like the tickets are being used as a way to let people or groups with NCAA connections, but not necessarily an interest in wrestling, to profit from getting a rare thing that they can re-sell at substantial profit. Last year I was able to get tickets at the last minute to Quicken Loans, but only because the stadium had withheld a group of tickets without letting anyone know. Then they released them for sale at what I thought was a crazy price (until I saw this year's prices) but only through the ticket app that the Cavs are trying to get going. There were a lot of complaints about that, and I felt a little dirty, but that dirty feeling was easier to handle while watching six sessions of wrestling over three days.

It's my understanding that part of the issue is that the deal with the arena is that Penguins Hockey season ticket holders get the opportunity to buy that as part of their agreement with the Pens and the Arena.  With it being held in the height of wrestling interest, I'm sure many of those are also wrestling fans or have friends that are, so more of those tickets are being purchased which means less tickets to schools or the general public.  Not sure how large the Penguins season ticket holder base is or what their deadline was for choosing whether to purchase, but there may be some tickets that free up, but they'll likely go fast.  Couldn't hurt to call the arena box office every day or two

• 2 weeks later...

I also have 1 upper bowl. 812-322-3156. Text please 

Ok I have 2 lower bowl club seat tickets for session 1 and 2.$300. each. 

I still have 1 upper bowl ticket for sessions, 1,2,4,5,6, $225.

Edited by Disco