Hoosier Heritage Conference

grappleapple

I'm not following quite as much as I have in the past, but this is usually a pretty good tournament.

What are some of the best matches to look for? Just looking through the brackets and a few weight classes stand out. I think the most interesting one will be 152 with Tytus Ragle (36-0), Cooper Noehre (25-2) and Eric Heistand (24-1).

126 will likely have a good semifinal match between Delta's Blackburn and Wilkerson of Mt. Vernon. Then, the winner will likely get to meet 2-time state champ Curtis in the final.

The other final that I think could be entertaining is 182. If I've read right, Todd defeated Sterrett early in the year in a very close match. Those two could meet again.

Thoughts? Any other potential matchups that could be interesting?

1 hour ago, grappleapple said:

I'm not following quite as much as I have in the past, but this is usually a pretty good tournament.

What are some of the best matches to look for? Just looking through the brackets and a few weight classes stand out. I think the most interesting one will be 152 with Tytus Ragle (36-0), Cooper Noehre (25-2) and Eric Heistand (24-1).

126 will likely have a good semifinal match between Delta's Blackburn and Wilkerson of Mt. Vernon. Then, the winner will likely get to meet 2-time state champ Curtis in the final.

The other final that I think could be entertaining is 182. If I've read right, Todd defeated Sterrett early in the year in a very close match. Those two could meet again.

Thoughts? Any other potential matchups that could be interesting?

The tournament has been moved to Friday at 5:00 pm at New Palestine HS due to weather concerns. This announcement was just made within the last hour or so.

Tons of great wrestling will happen at this tournament as usual. Team race could get interesting. 

Ended up being a great 2 team race with Mt Vernon over Pendleton Heights 238-233. Great race right down to the heavy weights! So proud of our boys, all 14 placed and contributed to the team win. 

This is Mt Vernon's first ever conference title. Coach Masters took home HHC Coach of the Year honors as well. Not too bad for a team that had less than 10 wrestlers just a few years ago! 

10 minutes ago, rhayes said:

Ended up being a great 2 team race with Mt Vernon over Pendleton Heights 238-233. Great race right down to the heavy weights! So proud of our boys, all 14 placed and contributed to the team win. 

This is Mt Vernon's first ever conference title. Coach Masters took home HHC Coach of the Year honors as well. Not too bad for a team that had less than 10 wrestlers just a few years ago! 

congrats and that program has came so far! there are some studs in that stud and it's great to see y'all numbers are up and the development of your wrestlers.. Especially kendrix who has made major strides since I coached TCarson vs him at freshman sophomore state.. Once again congrats and enjoy it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.