State title on the line Friday

This match looks a lot more competitive now than it did at the beginning of the season. Purdue has been in the drivers seat the past few years in the series. Indiana seemed to take it up a few notches Sunday vs. Maryland. All I can say is, what a difference in wrestling for Indiana! With just a change in coaches. And to the same degree with Purdue, the last few years. This might be a dog fight, for a change.

Haven't followed college wrestling as much this year, but here are potential lineups:

125: Schroder (PU) 14-6 vs. Oliver (IU) 16-11

133: Thornton (PU) 13-3 vs. Konrath (IU) 17-8

141: Limmex (PU) 13-7 vs. Luigs (IU) 11-10

149: Filius (PU) 8-9 vs. Silva (IU) 2-4

157: Parriott (PU) 6-3 vs. Danishek (IU) 13-9

165: Wysocki (PU) 7-12 vs. Martin (IU) 14-6

174: Lydy (PU) 15-4 vs. Covaciu (IU) 10-4

184: Lyon (PU) 14-7 vs. Conley (IU) 13-10

197: Brunner (PU) 11-5 vs. Kliemola (IU) 9-9

285: Aven (PU) 8-11 vs. Miller (IU) 2-1

Thanks for the line ups. Cronin has been in and out of the starting lineups. At 25.  Also I’m not quite sure about Weavers problem. He could be back in there @49.  Although Silva did rock Bannister Sunday. 

4 hours ago, BClark said:

Haven't followed college wrestling as much this year, but here are potential lineups:

125: Schroder (PU) 14-6 vs. Oliver (IU) 16-11 - This could be Cronin for IU.  125 seems to still be up in the air.

133: Thornton (PU) 13-3 vs. Konrath (IU) 17-8

141: Limmex (PU) 13-7 vs. Luigs (IU) 11-10 - Is Cole Weaver healthy?

149: Filius (PU) 8-9 vs. Silva (IU) 2-4

157: Parriott (PU) 6-3 vs. Danishek (IU) 13-9

165: Wysocki (PU) 7-12 vs. Martin (IU) 14-6

174: Lydy (PU) 15-4 vs. Covaciu (IU) 10-4

184: Lyon (PU) 14-7 vs. Conley (IU) 13-10

197: Brunner (PU) 11-5 vs. Kliemola (IU) 9-9

285: Aven (PU) 8-11 vs. Miller (IU) 2-1 - Miller couldn't beat Hemida last weekend but battled him well.

I'll take a stab at predictions....   Even with a few wrong, I'd be surprised to see it go any worse for Purdue than 6 matches to 4. 

Please note, I am typically not very good so if you are laying money somewhere, take the opposite of many of my picks and you should be just fine!

Predicted winners in bold inside the quote.

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

I'll take a stab at predictions....   Even with a few wrong, I'd be surprised to see it go any worse for Purdue than 6 matches to 4. 

Please note, I am typically not very good so if you are laying money somewhere, take the opposite of many of my picks and you should be just fine!

If anybody is laying money on the Purdue/IU dual, they have a serious problem.:D

9 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Yea this pretty much reflects the national ratings. At 25 i think angel might go with Oliver. Schroder and oliver have a history, I will take Oliver. And at 49, Silva looked good Sunday, im taking him over Filius. More than anything I want to see if the fight in  the IU team continues, from the last two matches over the weekend. Although Ohio State put on a clinic friday night, as they should, Indiana wrestlers were on the attack the entire match!  And although nearly a shut out Friday, The team came back Sunday and just hammered Maryland. Unheard of in the modern Hoosier wrestling ERA!. This Friday  will be a real street fight if Indiana has the same attitude. Hang on Boilers.

I’m thinking no weaver, on konrath. Would be a different result.  If both were in this. But duals are meaning less in the scheme of things. Let’s see what the results are ,in the big tournament in March. 

Edited by Disco