State Rankings #6

Y2CJ41

Just curious why wins over Brody Bauman are being considered as significant wins at 113.  I know he a very good wrestler has a lot of credentials, etc. but just seems weird that a win over a junior varsity wrestler is considered significant. 

Just now, MD92 said:

Just curious why wins over Brody Bauman are being considered as significant wins at 113.  I know he a very good wrestler has a lot of credentials, etc. but just seems weird that a win over a junior varsity wrestler is considered significant. 

did he wrestle varsity last year and make regionals? 

3 minutes ago, MD92 said:

No, he’s a freshman

ic what you're saying now...I thought you had to have to have at least qualified for regionals the year prior.. clay whitney of monrovia got second at sectionals last year and didn't wrestle regionals for some reason.. but he ended up beating undefeated ranked Nix at mooresville and I realized whitney wasn't even in the data base so idk the basis of what gets a kid into the data base. 

37 minutes ago, MD92 said:

I know he a very good wrestler has a lot of credentials, etc. but just seems weird that a win over a junior varsity wrestler is considered significant. 

I’d agree it probably shouldn’t count if it was a JV match they wrestled.  However if it was a varsity wrestle match he competed in then he would be considered a Varsity wrestler for that match. Thus, even if most of his season has been JV,  it can be called a significant win if the wrestlers overall credentials suggest it. 

Edited by MattM

54 minutes ago, MD92 said:

Dear Mr. Sandwell,

I appreciate your genuine concern or most likely your attempt to degrade everything IndianaMat does. Please keep it up as you seem to really love to complain. When you start your own website I will gladly come on and complain about font sizes and why you have things certain ways.

Oh, Snap! We have an "outing". Dang I thought that was Doug Annakin..how'd I misread that!!! Putting a name to a poster should make @Mattyb and @JMILL happy!! No such thing as anonymous poster in their world!

Good offseason board activity...Guess the Anonymous Poster! I'd like to start with @Novice Bat and where has he gone?

17 minutes ago, UncleJimmy said:

Oh, Snap! We have an "outing". Dang I thought that was Doug Annakin..how'd I misread that!!! Putting a name to a poster should make @Mattyb and @JMILL happy!! No such thing as anonymous poster in their world!

Good offseason board activity...Guess the Anonymous Poster! I'd like to start with @Novice Bat and where has he gone?

When you poke the gorilla enough, he will bite you.

2 hours ago, MD92 said:

Dude, you cannot be serious. He would start for every team in the state except maybe six or seven. He pinned a returning Michigan state champion earlier this season. Ask that kid if Brody felt like a JV wrestler.   Everyone in Indiana acknowledges that Brody is a bad ass, I guess except for you. 

Edited by IU89

2 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Dear Mr. Sandwell,

I appreciate your genuine concern or most likely your attempt to degrade everything IndianaMat does. Please keep it up as you seem to really love to complain. When you start your own website I will gladly come on and complain about font sizes and why you have things certain ways.

Let me be very clear here.  I think Brody Bauman is a fantastic wrestler and I meant no disrespect to him.  I agree that he would be a starter on just about any team in the state.  I was just wondering if wind over non-starters are now being considered for the rankings. 

As far as being called out and identified, it is what it is. If it makes Y2 feel good to do that so be it. 

Again, if offense was taken, my apologies. It was just something that struck me as odd. 

2 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Ho ho ho, A late Xmas / birthday present for me. The dude has been trolling me for years. I was hoping that he was a state champ or somebody awesome. Kinda disappointing. Owell, I sure he's an awesome dude (that loves busting chops). Seems to love the sport. Look forward to meeting him and maybe having a cold one (on me)! 

And I agree with the others.. the Bauman kid is a stud. Anybody that beat him accomplished a good win. 

Novice bat...……. hmmmm

Edited by Mattyb

11 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Watch out for that Doug Annakin guy. Very sketchy.

Edited by backtothemat

21 hours ago, MD92 said:

Nope, not a state champ here. Just a fan and a guy that likes to bust chops, as Mattyb says. All in good fun, but I guess I should be careful with other people’s sensitivities. 

I actually get what you were asking and didn't take it as a shot at Baumann or IndianaMat.  But I don't pay too much attention to posting patterns so I don't question Y2's response (call me Switzerland?).  

It is very odd that a JV wrestler gets so much credit, but Baumann has earned it.  He performed in Michigan and despite going 1-3 last weekend, showed his future is bright.  I mean how many guys get the privilege of stepping up and facing the #s 1,2, and 3 ranked guys in the state in a matter of hours in the same day?  

Perhaps the question could have been asked differently?  I know Doug Annakin would have done so!  :)

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

I actually get what you were asking and didn't take it as a shot at Baumann or IndianaMat.  But I don't pay too much attention to posting patterns so I don't question Y2's response (call me Switzerland?).  

It is very odd that a JV wrestler gets so much credit, but Baumann has earned it.  He performed in Michigan and despite going 1-3 last weekend, showed his future is bright.  I mean how many guys get the privilege of stepping up and facing the #s 1,2, and 3 ranked guys in the state in a matter of hours in the same day?  

Perhaps the question could have been asked differently?  I know Doug Annakin would have done so!  :)

I’m glad somebody understood my point. In hindsight I shouldn’t have mentioned names. Kid is a fantastic wrestler. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.