Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
IndianaWrestlingGuy

Cathedral vs Detroit Central Catholic

Recommended Posts

#7 Flo ranked Detroit Central Catholic (DCC) vs #38 Flo Ranked Indianapolis Cathedral wrestle this Saturday at DCC. DCC boasts hammers at 145, 152, and 160 with young lower weights. Very similar squads. Can the Irish hang with one of the country’s best? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

#7 Flo ranked Detroit Central Catholic (DCC) vs #38 Flo Ranked Indianapolis Cathedral wrestle this Saturday at DCC. DCC boasts hammers at 145, 152, and 160 with young lower weights. Very similar squads. Can the Irish hang with one of the country’s best? 

I don't know if they can hang, but looks fun.   Im' always glad to see the elite searching out big matches like this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish Cathedral the best of luck, but I would bet on DCC.  

These are the lastest D1 rankings.  Edmond at 135 is a Cadet Fargo Champ also.  You can enter multiple kids in the same weight for the state tournament so can have multiple kids ranked at the same weight.

103
5.  Anthony Walker (Detroit CC) FR

130
3.  Dominick Lomazzo (Detroit CC) SO

135
1.  Josh Edmond (Detroit CC) JR

145
1.  Derek Gilcher (Detroit CC) JR
3.  Logan Sanom (Detroit CC) JR

152
1.  Cameron Amine (Detroit CC) SR

160
2.  Kevon Davenport (Detroit CC) SR
10.  Manny Rojas (Detroit CC) FR

189
2.  Easton Turner (Detroit CC) SR

215
2.  Brendin Yatooma (Detroit CC) JR

285
1.  Steven Kolcheff (Detroit CC) JR
 

Edited by doctorWrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually love the Irish team. I like their vibe and like watching them. They have some of the best parents out there. The song and video is a must see. I’m a fan! 

With this said, this is not a good match up for our Indiana guys. Too many good kids on the DCC team (solid from top to bottom).

I look forward to seeing some of our top Indiana guys getting a shot at the best that Michigan has to offer! Good luck boys! 

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does Michigan compare to Indiana as a wrestling state? I know Indiana's top wrestlers can compete with any state but typically depth is different than Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania. However, are Indiana and Michigan in the same category?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

How does Michigan compare to Indiana as a wrestling state? I know Indiana's top wrestlers can compete with any state but typically depth is different than Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania. However, are Indiana and Michigan in the same category?

Michigan has more depth than Indiana. They are probably a 5-10ish state depending upon the year. Indiana is usually a 7-12ish state depending upon the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Michigan has more depth than Indiana. They are probably a 5-10ish state depending upon the year. Indiana is usually a 7-12ish state depending upon the year.

I agree on depth. With that said, I will take our top guys over their top guys most years. I look at the Off season duals that we do up there and duals like Virginia Beach. Seems like our top teams finish ahead of their top team the majority of the time at those events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

They have the #1 and 3 ranked guy at. 145.  That’s just insane.

And he can’t move up or down without running into another #1. DCC’s tough. Does anyone know if Mike Krause is still heading their youth development?

Edited by MattM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, luv2compete said:

First round of action

Cathedral 58

Dundee 3

 

Way to go Irish!

That's impressive!

Coupla questions.....
1. Was Dundee's only win at 106 Casey Swiderski?  If not, where was their only win?
2. Do you know if Stoney Buell wrestled 152 or 160 and what was the result of his match?  Curious if he wrestled Rodgers or Slivka.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

That's impressive!

Coupla questions.....
1. Was Dundee's only win at 106 Casey Swiderski?  If not, where was their only win?
2. Do you know if Stoney Buell wrestled 152 or 160 and what was the result of his match?  Curious if he wrestled Rodgers or Slivka.

Thanks

Dundee won at 138, beat Wilson and Jordan Slivka , 160, pinned Buell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, luv2compete said:

Dundee won at 138, beat Wilson and Jordan Slivka , 160, pinned Buell.

Keep updates coming please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

113: #2 Zeke Seltzer defeats #2(D2) Nick Korhorn by fall in the 3rd period to make the final team score 34-34!☘️🤼‍♂️ 

 

After discussing criteria #1(D2) Lowell wins by 8th criteria, most first points scored. 

 

Cathedral moves to 2-1 on the day. DCC is up next. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lowell finished 10th at Brecksville (BV) but didn't have their 195 or 220

 

Zeke win by pin against Lowell, kid was 8th at BV

Mosconi won 8-0 against the 2nd place finisher from BV HUGE WIN

Wagner won 8-6 over 5th place from BV

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough loss for Cathedral... they got smoked BUT lost 5 matches by decision. So it was closer than the score..16-40.  

The Irish win 

113
Zeke Seltzer (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Caleb White (Detroit Catholic Central HS) (TF 23-8 3:40)
5
0
 
120Luke Gonzalez (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Matthew Anderson (Detroit Catholic Central HS) (Dec 3-2)
3
0
 
126Lukasz Walendzak (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Kamron Davenport (Detroit Catholic Central HS) (TF 16-1 4:52)
5
0
 
132Logan Bailey (Indianapolis Cathedral) over Dominick Lomazzo (Detroit Catholic Central HS) (Dec 4-1)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.