Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
base

Best matches (Jan 7 - Jan 12)

Recommended Posts

Some big Conference tournaments this weekend

Any great weight brackets or matchups to watch?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

HCC (Hoosier Crossroads) 

rankings based 1/7/18, let me know if I missed anybody 

 

106-

#10 Logan Miller 

UR- Blaze Garcia 

UR- Sam Crousure (15-2) 

 

120-

#6 Kysen Montgomery 

#10 Tyler Conley 

 

126-

#4 Ray Rioux 

#7 Logan Wagner 

#9 Evan Lawhead  

 

132-

#1 Asa Garcia 

#4 Drake Campbell 

 

138-

#4 Drew Kreitzer 

#12 Jaden Reynolds 

 

160-

#3 (152) Nathan Conley 

#10 Peyton Asbury 

 

170-

#11 Kyle Saez 

#14 TJB *Brownsburg long name* 

 

182-

#1 Carson Brewer 

#14 JD Ferrell 

 

220-

#3 Andrew Irick 

#10 Lawson Aiken 

#15 Deshawn Young 

 

285-

#5 Dorian Keys 

#10 Antone Alexander 

#14 Crae Kunkleman 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Spell Check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MIC Conference:

Ben Davis

Carmel

Center Grove

Lawrence Central

Lawrence North

Pike

Warren Central

 

106

#4 Suhas Chundi

#9 Carleton Perry

#12 Logan Carrender

 

113

#3 David Pierson

#7 Hayden Watson

#15 Antonio Jefferson

 

120

#1 Brayden Littell

#9 Chris Stewart

 

126

#14 Jevian Ross

 

132

#8 Kyle Holman

 

138

 

#11 Jarred Rowlett

#14 Diesel Duncan

 

145

#5 Antwaun Graves

 

152

#4 Brice Coleman

 

160

#6 Payton Pruett

#13 Aaron Taylor

 

170

#5 Logan Hart

 

182

#9 Cameron Bacon

 

 

195-N/A 

220-N/A

 

285

#6 Muhammad Sidibe

#12 Darrione Gregory

Edited by wwatson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MIC Conference:

Ben Davis

Carmel

Center Grove

Lawrence Central

Lawrence North

Pike

Warren Central

North Central

 

106

#4 Suhas Chundi

#9 Carleton Perry

#12 Logan Carrender

 

113

#3 David Pierson

#7 Hayden Watson

#15 Antonio Jefferson

 

120

#1 Brayden Littell

#9 Chris Stewart

 

126

#14 Jevian Ross

 

132

#8 Kyle Holman

 

138 

#11 Jarred Rowlett

#14 Diesel Duncan

 

145

#5 Antwaun Graves

 

152

#4 Brice Coleman

 

160

#6 Payton Pruett

#13 Aaron Taylor

 

170

#5 Logan Hart

 

182

#9 Cameron Bacon

#16 Devontay Moore

 

195-N/A

220-N/A

 

285

#1 Jamichael Watts

#6 Muhammad Sidibe

#12 Darrione Gregory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DAC

106
#6 Stephen Roberson-CP
#8 Malik Hall-Merr
SS#8 Johny Cortez-LC

113
#1 Jacob Moran-Portage
#6 Martin Cruz-Merr
#14 Chris Merrill-Ches
SS#5 Chris Tattini-CP

120
#3 Riley Bettich-CP
#12 Danny Tolin-Ches
#14 Ty Haskin-Portage

126
#1 Jesse Mendez-CP
#5 Brock Peele-Portage
SS#7 Juan Maldonado-Merr

132
#11 Ricky Hegedus-Portage
SS#7 Ethan Kaiser

138
SS#3 Christian Ponce-LC
SS#4 Tyson Nisley-LaPorte
SS#6 Cade Johnson-Ches
SS#8 Anthony Rivera-Merr

145
#8 Jake Burford-CP
#14 Jacob Maldonado-Merr
#16 Daniel Park-LC

152
#8 Brock Ellis-Ches
SS#4 Jacob Beehn-Portage
SS#6 Noah Hollendoner-CP

160
#1 Donnell Washington-Portage
SS#6 Nick Taborski-CP

170
SS#5 Colin Kwiatkowski-Valpo
SS#6 Jason  Streck-Merr
SS#7 Josh Warmick-Portage

182
#5 Evan Bates-Ches
SS#5 Noah Perez-LaPorte
SS#6 Khris Walton-Merr

195
#14 Seyi Akinwami-Merr
SS#3 Ethan Potosky-CP

220
#13 Drew Bailey-Merr
SS#6 John Wilcher-MC

285
#3 Anthony Atria-Merr
SS#6 Nick Garcia-LC
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Cathedral vs. Perry Meridian Tonight at 6pm at Cathedral. Should be some good ones. Warren vs. Mosconi at the minimum. If Fair is healthy, he'll square off against Rodgers. Always an electric dual of Northside vs. Southside. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mosconi beats Warren 6-1 (?) and Rodgers takes out Fair 9-5 (?).  There were some stalling points, so I may be a point or so off on those. I do recall Rodgers jumped out to a 4-0 lead and Fair got a reversal and 3 back points to take a 5-4 lead heading into the 3rd period.  Rodgers escaped and got a TD I believe, then 1 or 2 stalling points.  Mosconi - Warren was tight and went into OT tied at 1.  Mosconi got 2 back points in the first OT, then got an escape in the 2nd OT, followed by a late TD on a desperation throw attempt by Warren to seal the deal.

Cathedral ran away with the meet.  Not sure of the final score but it wasn't close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody know the details on the sub issue with brooks Davis last night?  that was a critical forfeit.. Irish looked damn good regardless and both squads have their young men in shape and looking ready for tourney time.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

anybody know the details on the sub issue with brooks Davis last night?  that was a critical forfeit.. Irish looked damn good regardless and both squads have their young men in shape and looking ready for tourney time.!

For some strange reason the ref told Jarod Clayton who weighed in at like 168 he couldn't go 170 he had to go 182. Once we had someone report who was deemed not allowed we had to forfeit. Lets just say the officiating left something to be desired!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, V and M's Dad said:

For some strange reason the ref told Jarod Clayton who weighed in at like 168 he couldn't go 170 he had to go 182. Once we had someone report who was deemed not allowed we had to forfeit. Lets just say the officiating left something to be desired!!

wow...I don't even know what to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the coach had him weigh-in with the 182's then I don't believe you can go 170 even though you are that light.  If you weigh-in with the 170's then you can wrestling at 170 or 182.  But I don't know what the weigh-in circumstance was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, johnathanspencer said:

If the coach had him weigh-in with the 182's then I don't believe you can go 170 even though you are that light.  If you weigh-in with the 170's then you can wrestling at 170 or 182.  But I don't know what the weigh-in circumstance was. 

Pretty sure this is what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, johnathanspencer said:

If the coach had him weigh-in with the 182's then I don't believe you can go 170 even though you are that light.  If you weigh-in with the 170's then you can wrestling at 170 or 182.  

That's definitely correct. It's been a rule for a long time that once a weight has been weighed in, you can't weigh in for that weight. Error on their part, not the official's, if that's what happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johnathanspencer said:

If the coach had him weigh-in with the 182's then I don't believe you can go 170 even though you are that light.  If you weigh-in with the 170's then you can wrestling at 170 or 182.  But I don't know what the weigh-in circumstance was. 

thank you sir! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoosier Heritage Conference

126 

  • Brayden Curtis Yorktown 20-0   (#3 / #1 FW)
  • Payne Blackburn Delta 23-2  (NR / #4 FW)
  • Chase Wilkerson Mt Vernon 20-2  (#10 / #4 NC)
  • Jared Brown Pendleton Hts 26-4  (NR / #6 NC)

152

  • Tytus Ragle New Castle 36-0  (NR / #6 NC)
  • Eric Heistand Yorktown 24-1  (#13 / #3 FW)
  • Cooper Noehre Greenfield Ctr 25-2  (#3 / #2 NC)
  • Maxwell Hayes Mt Vernon 15-2  (NR / #8 NC)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, base said:

Hoosier Heritage Conference

126 

  • Brayden Curtis Yorktown 20-0   (#3 / #1 FW)
  • Payne Blackburn Delta 23-2  (NR / #4 FW)
  • Chase Wilkerson Mt Vernon 20-2  (#10 / #4 NC)
  • Jared Brown Pendleton Hts 26-4  (NR / #6 NC)

152

  • Tytus Ragle New Castle 36-0  (NR / #6 NC)
  • Eric Heistand Yorktown 24-1  (#13 / #3 FW)
  • Cooper Noehre Greenfield Ctr 25-2  (#3 / #2 NC)
  • Maxwell Hayes Mt Vernon 15-2  (NR / #8 NC)

 

That is a bevy of quality wrestlers.

(126) Blackburn lost to Curtis (5-3), Wilkerson 2 losses were to Rose and Ross; Brown's has at least 2 losses to ranked kids (Ross and Huffman)

(152) Heistand lost to Levitz; Noehre lost to Rodgers (OT) and Hall; Hayes lost to Ragle in OT and a 2-point decision to Heistand.

I believe both Yorktown wrestlers will come out on top, but most definitely it will be a dogfight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, Sig40 said:

DAC

106
#6 Stephen Roberson-CP
#8 Malik Hall-Merr
SS#8 Johny Cortez-LC

113
#1 Jacob Moran-Portage
#6 Martin Cruz-Merr
#14 Chris Merrill-Ches
SS#5 Chris Tattini-CP

120
#3 Riley Bettich-CP
#12 Danny Tolin-Ches
#14 Ty Haskin-Portage

126
#1 Jesse Mendez-CP
#5 Brock Peele-Portage
SS#7 Juan Maldonado-Merr

132
#11 Ricky Hegedus-Portage
SS#7 Ethan Kaiser

138
SS#3 Christian Ponce-LC
SS#4 Tyson Nisley-LaPorte
SS#6 Cade Johnson-Ches
SS#8 Anthony Rivera-Merr

145
#8 Jake Burford-CP
#14 Jacob Maldonado-Merr
#16 Daniel Park-LC

152
#8 Brock Ellis-Ches
SS#4 Jacob Beehn-Portage
SS#6 Noah Hollendoner-CP

160
#1 Donnell Washington-Portage
SS#6 Nick Taborski-CP

170
SS#5 Colin Kwiatkowski-Valpo
SS#6 Jason  Streck-Merr
SS#7 Josh Warmick-Portage

182
#5 Evan Bates-Ches
SS#5 Noah Perez-LaPorte
SS#6 Khris Walton-Merr

195
#14 Seyi Akinwami-Merr
SS#3 Ethan Potosky-CP

220
#13 Drew Bailey-Merr
SS#6 John Wilcher-MC

285
#3 Anthony Atria-Merr
SS#6 Nick Garcia-LC
 

If they use head to head and records for seeding I think the finals should look like this. 

106: Roberson vs Hall

113: moran vs Cruz

120: Bettich vs Tolin

126: Mendez vs Peele

132: Hegedus vs Taylor

138: Nisely vs Ponce

145: Burford vs Maldonado 

152: Ellis vs Hollendoner 

160: Washington vs Taborski 

170: Kwiatkowski vs Streck

182: Bates vs Perez

195: Potosky vs Akinwami

220: Bailey vs Wilcher

285: Garcia vs Atria

I have Crown Point edging out Merrillville behind 5 champs. I have Merrillville making the finals in 6 or 7 weights so this prediction could change quickly. Portage has a couple horses, so it will come down to those guys getting bonus points if they want to finish on the top.  Wouldn’t be surprised if Chesterton snuck in top 3 as well.  Either way I am excited for some DAC wrestling. 

Edited by Sig40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.