Hot Mic mat 4

I definitely agree that muting the mics would be a bad thing.  Overall, none of the issues were major, though it did get annoying when adults were there and talking off topic.  It was distracting.  The only way to help make it better is to give feedback, which TrackGopher asked for.  A fix is probably putting a sign at the table, reminding volunteers before they sit down (do you have a quick meeting with all volunteers before the event starts?) the mics are there, or periodically visiting tables and listening to see if a whispered reminder is necessary.  It won't be perfect, but it can be better with some subtle tweaks, but those don't come without feedback.

As for the cursing, it's annoying.  It has nothing to do with what kids hear daily, it is more that if you are paying to watch an event, it just comes off as amateurish if mics are picking up cursing from volunteers at the table.  I have a terrible potty mouth at times and its not that I am offended by it, it's just not what you want to hear when you are trying to pay attention.  The whole argument going on about parenting kids is just dumb, IMO.  People have different opinions, and that really has nothing to do with it.  Adult or kid, if your paying for a service, that's not what you want to hear.  I'd call it unprofessional, but I think that word would be taken too literally and everyone would remind me these are volunteers.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.