notable matches and upsets week of 1-2-19

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unseeded North Posey gets two falls in the final two matches to topple Attica, 30-28.   Cody Moll's Vikings advance to the championship bracket!   Fear the 'fro...

Brody Baumann in at 113 for Mater Dei against Jacob Moran.  Great scrambles so far.  No score after 1. Moran wins by major 12-2.  Good battle.  Moran just a little too strong and excellent defens

I'm messing with you. I didn't see it. Gregarious = outgoing and friendly. Egregious = especially bad.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Really surprised Conley didn’t get the pin or tech fall. That put Rioux in a hard position. 

Cathderal advances 

As will Brownsburg, Warren Central and Mater Dei.  All finishing up with insurmountable leads.

10 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Mater Dei 32 Carmel 13 after 113...  Baumann won by Major over Hooper.  Boarman up now.  Just got awarded 4 pt, nearfall?  Did we just adopt college rules?  

If refs stops match during a pinning move, then additional pt is awarded along with the nearfall. 

12 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

If refs stops match during a pinning move, then additional pt is awarded along with the nearfall. 

You know I can't say I remember when/why he stopped it, but I can't recall seeing that before.  Couldn't hear an explanation on the feed.

8 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Avon nearly pulled the upset. 

Their 132 and 160 lost by 1 point. And their 220 lost by 2 points. 

Great dual... Andrew Wilson making 132 was huge! Caused us to bump and ended up not so much of a good move. 

Hind sight says we should have wrestled it straight. 

11 minutes ago, Jayruss said:

What mat will MD be on, and an ETA?

Mat 10 - Hard to say on an ETA, but they are up the next round.  Semis for places 5-12 are up now.  Mat 5 in the Final if they beat WC. Mat 6 if they don't.

Just now, maligned said:

South seemed gregarious after he won. 

Did he do more than put his hands in the air like he was asking the crowd to make noise?   If so, I missed it.  If not, I've seen similar stuff many times with no penalty.  

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Did he do more than put his hands in the air like he was asking the crowd to make noise?   If so, I missed it.  If not, I've seen similar stuff many times with no penalty.  

I'm messing with you. I didn't see it. Gregarious = outgoing and friendly. Egregious = especially bad.

4 minutes ago, maligned said:

Wrong guy. Tyler Conley was heavily favored at 120. 

5 minutes ago, maligned said:

Wrong guy. Tyler Conley was heavily favored at 120. 

7 minutes ago, luv2compete said:

Did you really think Conley would tech fall or pin Slivka?

Sorry for the confusion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.