notable matches and upsets week of 1-2-19

FCFIGHTER170

Damn turned away long enough to miss exactly what happened.  But Fitts just got disqualified for flagrant disconduct.  Warren Central gets 6 points and Mater Dei loses the 3 points gained from Matt Lee's win.  

All I saw was the whistle blown for potentially dangerous and it looked like Coleman's leg got twisted.  But I missed what was so flagrant.  That's a 9 point swing!

Coleman didn't like it and when they shook hands at the end earned a 1 pt deduction for unsportsmanlike, so it is now 5-0 WC after two matches.

Edited by SWINfan

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Damn turned away long enough to miss exactly what happened.  But Fitts just got disqualified for flagrant disconduct.  Warren Central gets 6 points and Mater Dei loses the 3 points gained from Matt Lee's win.  

All I saw was the whistle blown for potentially dangerous and it looked like Coleman's leg got twisted.  But I missed what was so flagrant.  That's a 9 point swing!

Coleman didn't like it and when they shook hands at the end earned a 1 pt deduction for unsportsmanlike, so it is now 5-0 WC after two matches.

Yea I have to rewatch, it’s not adding up at all. That turnaround could be huge. 

5 hours ago, SWwrestling said:

160 Southern Wells Jed Perry wins by fall over Hayden Lowery Shenandoah!

SW wins the dual 42-36

I don’t want to take anything away from the Perry kid, but this was decided by the ref. Lohrey had  him down 13-2, had him cradled 3 times and the ref wouldn’t call the pin. The kid rolls him over and the ref immediately smacks the mat. 

24 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Avon outwrestled their seed. Big wins over Perry and Roncolli. I even shorted them on my seeding predictions. Proud of my guys. Great to see many friends!  

Again, wrestling above their seed . I think I was right on that Prediction vs. Roncalli this year to last . @Indysportsfan 

2018- (37-18) +19

2019- (45-23) +22 

Edited by TeamGarcia
Simple Math

I believe Brownsburg over Cathedral 30-24 in 3A team state semi’s would count as notable.  After pulling out a few big wins over the years at Team state I  think it’s safe to say Snyder knows how to get his team to win a big time dual meet.  Them and it looks like it will be Warren Central for the title. 

Edited by MattM

Weird wasn’t it @IndianaWrestlingGuy that said Cathedral would dominate Brownsburg for the “foreseeable future”? There was something else that he said as well...he said he wanted to eat something of ours?? Maybe he can jog my memory. I know it got pulled down, however, we saw it...anyone else?

1 minute ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Weird wasn’t it @IndianaWrestlingGuy that said Cathedral would dominate Brownsburg for the “foreseeable future”? There was something else that he said as well...he said he wanted to eat something of ours?? Maybe he can jog my memory. I know it got pulled down, however, we saw it...anyone else?

Well,right now it looks as if his mouth is full of crow. Congrats Brownsburg 

Wawasee making it to the 2A Team State finals is also notable considering they are currently ranked 9th in 2A.   They have topped the #1 and #5 2A team so far, now they have #2 Western. 

Edited by MattM

3 minutes ago, MattM said:

Wawasee making it to the 2A Team State finals is also notable considering they are currently ranked 9th in 2A.   They have topped the #1 and #5 2A team so far, now they have #2 Western. 

True...but Dane made big adjustments after more results and past and present lineups became clear. That's why Wawasee leapfrogged everyone to the #3 seed and Western were seeded #1 ahead of NM.

Unranked 1A North Posey gets to semi-finals of Team state before falling to #1 ranked Prarie Heights in a competitive match.  Yeah there is a lot more parity in 1A between teams but still worth noting they made semi finals after beating the 1A #4 and #5 ranked teams in the pool round. 

Edited by MattM

3 minutes ago, maligned said:

True...but Dane made big adjustments after more results and past and present lineups became clear. That's why Wawasee leapfrogged everyone to the #3 seed and Western were seeded #1 ahead of NM.

With the “proper infomtion” Dane usually gets things pretty close. Wawasee shows they are deserving of that spot. 

Edited by MattM

9 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

The biggest upset of the day. No curtis at 26 today. No Watts/Curtis match so the loser is the fans. 

Fans still got their admission worth 

170 #1 South (W) vs 160 #1 Washington 

#1 Garcia (W) vs. #2 Viduya 

#1 Rooks (W) vs. #2 Frieji 

#3 Brownsburg over National Ranked & #1 Cathedral 

I’ve lost count Ranked matches head to head . Great Day of Wrestling from all . 

The Notorious 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.