College Wrestling On HS Mats

awood2

9 minutes ago, bwoodward said:

Wow.  It has been 7-8 years since I've been on this site.  And now that I am no longer an official, I am back as a fan (not a former official).

My head is about to explode.

I don't know where to start.

Wrestling Scholar...you are mostly wrong.

SIAC fan...you are less wrong than WS but still mostly wrong.

AWood2...you are mostly right but wrong on occasion.

Bwoodward, well I think you're totally wrong.  Not even sure what you're talking about.

SIACfan, I am 10 years removed.  I stand by what I said in the first one without exception.  Post comes down tomorrow morning.  Barry, you're still my hero.  High school rules are the best rules for high school matches.  College is even better when applied at the college level.  

I'm sorry but any official or former official that believes it to be OK to call out other officials on a public forum just does not get it, IMO.

I have no problem with officials disagreeing, having discussions & even heated debates regarding rules, and I fully understand that at times this will lead to the dislike of one another. But there is a proper place & this forum is not it.

2 hours ago, awood2 said:

SIACfan, I am 10 years removed.  I stand by what I said in the first one without exception.  Post comes down tomorrow morning.  Barry, you're still my hero.  High school rules are the best rules for high school matches.  College is even better when applied at the college level.  

Didn't know you had admin ability.... That's news to me.

Y2, I know I’ve offended your friend on this thread. Out of consideration for his feelings and at the request of a friend I am willing to take it down. I didn’t start this thread as a survey. I expressed my thoughts about the officiating at a tourney including the rules I took issue with. Sine then it’s become about attacks. Names have been thrown out that had nothing to do with my point. Why would I not be able to delete it otherwise?  I don’t know what I did to you, but I wonder if you have ever threatened to shutdown anyone else’s account b/c they upset a friend of yours?

I have the screenshot but I can’t attach it without my computer. Give me a minute. 

7 minutes ago, awood2 said:

Y2, I know I’ve offended your friend on this thread. Out of consideration for his feelings and at the request of a friend I am willing to take it down. I didn’t start this thread as a survey. I expressed my thoughts about the officiating at a tourney including the rules I took issue with. Sine then it’s become about attacks. Names have been thrown out that had nothing to do with my point. Why would I not be able to delete it otherwise?  I don’t know what I did to you, but I wonder if you have ever threatened to shutdown anyone else’s account b/c they upset a friend of yours?

I have the screenshot but I can’t attach it without my computer. Give me a minute. 

You don't have admin abilities, thus you do not have the authority to delete topics. For someone that uses big words you don't seem to grasp simple concepts.

13 hours ago, awood2 said:

👌 IndianaMat.com

Someone edited what I posted twice.  This is not what I posted...

Y2, I don't have time to entertain 'means' and 'zingers'.  If you have a point to make about what I posted then let's discuss it.  If  you don't want to take the thread down then let's continue.

My advice to Y2 and the world is this: compliments and criticism are like chewing gum.  Chew on them until you get everything you can out of it and spit it out.  If you swallow it you will get sick.

Y2, this is a hug from me - 'O'.  Hope you have a better day.  Stay tuned... when I have more time I am going to send you, the announcer, and the ref a gently written apology.

Y2, I don't have time to entertain 'means' and 'zingers'.  If you have a point to make about what I posted then let's discuss it.  If  you don't want to take the thread down then let's continue.

My advice to Y2 and the world is this: compliments and criticism are like chewing gum.  Chew on them until you get everything you can out of it and spit it out.  If you swallow it you will get sick.

Y2, this is a hug from me - 'O'.  Hope you have a better day.  Stay tuned... when I have more time I am going to send you, the announcer, and the ref a gently written apology.

No one edited your post, there are filters on poor language here that are replaced with proper language. Maybe you should use your dictionary and find nicer words to use.

My advice to you is, don't bite off more than you can chew even if it's bubble gum. 

14 hours ago, awood2 said:

👌 IndianaMat.com

No one edited your post, there are filters on poor language here that are replaced with proper language. Maybe you should use your dictionary and find nicer words to use.

My advice to you is, don't bite off more than you can chew even if it's bubble gum. 

Dear IT Admin, Announcer, effected NCAA refs, 800# super sensitive-delicate gorilla, and others,

Let me start by saying I was wrong.  The NCAA refs are the best college officials on high school wrestling mats.  If my comments seem out-of-bounds this is my proverbial toe-drag.  If I was all over  your case then call a stalemate (never stalling) and start the ride-time clock.  If all you can do is flex your authority to remove me from the site, edit my responses, add people who weren't involved, and get you friends to fight for your ego then you are stalling on bottom.  If I don't respond right away it's because I need reaction time.  If my hands typed words that hurt your eyes is that considered 'hands to the face'?  I'm sorry for asking a question - misconduct.  When writing your report to the NCAA would you include the following:

• which eye was damaged first by the comments?
  • rate your pain from 1-5 (that's the high school scale if you don't know it).
  • would you describe your injuries as fractured confidence, bruised ego, or sprained self-esteem?
  • did these symptoms start with previous comments, or was this the first time?
  • is the damage centered more around your head or heart?
  • rate your tolerance from criticism on the following scale: snowflake, bumble bee, lily, stuffed gorilla - like the ones you win at the fair
  • have you started a GoFundMe page for items like tissues, blankets, etc.?

Sincerely, 

High School Wrestling Fans Everywhere 

14 minutes ago, awood2 said:

Dear IT Admin, Announcer, effected NCAA refs, 800# super sensitive-delicate gorilla, and others,

Let me start by saying I was wrong.  The NCAA refs are the best college officials on high school wrestling mats.  If my comments seem out-of-bounds this is my proverbial toe-drag.  If I was all over  your case then call a stalemate (never stalling) and start the ride-time clock.  If all you can do is flex your authority to remove me from the site, edit my responses, add people who weren't involved, and get you friends to fight for your ego then you are stalling on bottom.  If I don't respond right away it's because I need reaction time.  If my hands typed words that hurt your eyes is that considered 'hands to the face'?  I'm sorry for asking a question - misconduct.  When writing your report to the NCAA would you include the following:

• would you describe your injuries as fractured confidence, bruised ego, or sprained self-esteem?
  • rate your tolerance from criticism on the following scale: snowflake, bumble bee, lily, stuffed gorilla - like the ones you win at the fair

Sincerely, 

It's affected, maybe you should use your dictionary.

Dear IT Admin, Announcer, affected NCAA refs, 800# super sensitive-delicate gorilla, and others,

Sincerely, 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.