Holiday Weekend Upsets

Thor

7 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

STUD Alert!!  Today at the North Mont Individual Tourney.

Phoenix Rodgers - Heritage Hills 182 pounder pins his way to a Championship.

Win 1 - Pin @5:58 vs #16 State  Moore- North Central

Win 2 - Dec. 8-4 vs  NR   Denny - West Vigo

Win 3 - Pin @4:59  NR   Todd - Pend Heights

Win 4 - Pin @3:51  #5 State  Morgan - Elwood

** Great Job to him and his Team mate Sam Scott  @ 120 

damn good weekend there! 

15 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

you're right BUT when a coach is recruiting a kid it helps when he has the notoriety from legitimate wrestling sources.. you're right in the sense everybody can be beat regardless of the number next to a wrestlers name... but imho it gives us all something to talk about,  gives some wrestlers more motivaion and when getting recruited it helps when the coach has a general idea of  the quality that wrestler has beaten or lost to... rankings don't make sense whenever they don't align with actual results but our homies here do a good job using the results they have been given and ranking accordingly.

While I enjoy this site as much as the next fan, it’s not accurate enough for a good recruitment assessment solely based on what’s entered here. It’s no knock on what Joe and Co. are trying to accomplish. The coaches and fans need to do a better job at getting results to the fellas in my opinion. I’m sure they could go to track every single day and try to pull results, but darn that’s a lot of time invested for people that also have a life to fulfill outside of wrestling. 

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

While I enjoy this site as much as the next fan, it’s not accurate enough for a good recruitment assessment solely based on what’s entered here. It’s no knock on what Joe and Co. are trying to accomplish. The coaches and fans need to do a better job at getting results to the fellas in my opinion. I’m sure they could go to track every single day and try to pull results, but darn that’s a lot of time invested for people that also have a life to fulfill outside of wrestling. 

Most of the results not entering results here are not in Track either.  Rankings are just another tool for fans, wrestlers and recruiters.  

One thing people need to remember is that rankings are an imperfect yet pretty accurate snapshot with opinion built in of the current state of a weight class.  They are a moment in time, not a prediction of the future as many people on the internet (not just speaking about wrestling rankings) and change as results change.  If rankings were 100% accurate of how things will end, why would we even have the events?  So people should learn not to allow their panties get in a wad every time there is an upset and crow at the guys doing the rankings.

4 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

the notable win section is very helpful.. it's the team's putting in team scores and not match results that hurts ppl and that's out of the sites hands if ppl don't wanna spend the time to do it...

28 minutes ago, bigbosister said:

195 lb Wampler of Bloomington South competed in his first tournament of the season coming off injury and only 8 practices taking out #9 Crownpoint kid with fall. and only lost to #2 of Penn 8-4 dec.

I'd say that's a notable upset.

Don't they need 10 practices in to compete?

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

the notable win section is very helpful.. it's the team's putting in team scores and not match results that hurts ppl and that's out of the sites hands if ppl don't wanna spend the time to do it...

That’s exactly what I was referring to. 

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

That’s exactly what I was referring to. 

Y2 has been vocal about this issue and I appreciate that he has made an effort to get ppl on board ...He also makes it known he's aware of ppl loopholing the function..we as a whole have to make strides in getting information reported and help the sport we all love keep evolving..we owe it to the sport  of wrestling and to the young men and women competing who not only entertain but inspire us as a wrestling community!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.