Spartan greed

jason

9 hours ago, FC118 said:

Those were the first offensive points scored by Rose against Viduya in 2+ seasons!  Alec up 8-2 (with two cuts) then Rose hit the splits!

Okay? Alec is clearly better on his feet, and always has been. But matches consist of 3 areas incase you forgot. 

11 hours ago, gogoplata89 said:

Okay? Alec is clearly better on his feet, and always has been. But matches consist of 3 areas incase you forgot. 

Gavin appears a lot stronger this year.  Gavin has had several matches against Alec in their HS careers and this is the first time that he has scored any offensive points!  All matches have been decisions so there have been many opportunities to score on the mat!

4 hours ago, Coach Nieman said:

I just want to brag on my guy a bit. Aaron Black from Greensburg placed 8th at 182 as a first year wrestler. I couldn't be more proud of the work he puts in every day. Way to go Aaron!!

That is awesome! 

Edited by Jake Combs
Wanted to change

1 hour ago, Jake Combs said:

That is awesome! 

jake you are very tough especially being a ssq your first year.. trizton is like my nephew and I train him in off season and I wanted tell you that you did a solid job and don't get frustrated if you are in a tough match vs a very tough experienced young man..if you can keep your cool during those tough matches it'll help you a long way come tourney time.. you're a very good athlete keep working hard and don't let your temper hinder your growth..I had a talk with trizton about the exact same thing after you 2 wrestled  and your match got lil heated... regardless if you were a foe at the time I am a wrestling fan first and I am a fan of a good wrestling stories like yours..so good luck the rest of the season and stay healthy young man! 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

33 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

jake you are very tough especially being a ssq your first year.. trizton is like my nephew and I train him in off season and I wanted tell you that you did a solid job and don't get frustrated if you are in a tough match vs a very tough experienced young man..if you can keep your cool during those tough matches it'll help you a long way come tourney time.. you're a very good athlete keep working hard and don't let your temper hinder your growth..I had a talk with trizton about the exact same thing after you 2 wrestled  and your match got lil heated... regardless if you were a foe at the time I am a wrestling fan first and I am a fan of a good wrestling stories like yours..so good luck the rest of the season and stay healthy young man! 

This is Jake’s dad. Thanks for the advice and kind words. We definitely knew going into the match yesterday Trizton was wrestling as well as anyone in 182 in Indiana. He is a great wrestler! And Jake was excited for the opportunity but probably let his emotions get the best of him and got off his game a bit during the match. Anton (Jake’s coach) had a talk with him after the match and it was a great learning experience for him hopefully come tourney time. He is still pretty new to wrestling and matches like the one with Trizton will just make him better in the long run. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way and hopefully we will see you guys again in Indy in February. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.