Evansville Semi-State #3

Y2CJ41

I have 2 question for the Wrestling People ? 

Do you even look at Mike’s Rankings every week ? (120-152-182) just a example

Are your rankings based on what “you think” going to happen at Evansville SS ? 

Not trying to give you hard time . 

The Notorious  

34 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

They would be boring if they all perfectly aligned with the state rankings.

Yes, I agree Joe but the Wrestling People wasn’t asking you . They was asking our guy Phil that does the Evansville SS. That’s doing a great job btw ! 

Am I right Wrestling People 👏

The Notorious 

There are numerous factors that come in to play. The one I use most though is the dart board I have in my garage. I usually just put all the names of every wrestler I have in each weight on it and throw a handful of darts labeled 1-8. Whatever happens, happens.

The Wrestling People has a question for Joe ? 

A-A Ron asks : Would you ever consider putting kids National accomplishments (placement) along side the State placements on the rankings ? 

Example: Wrestler at 120 is a junior has no State credentials but is a Multi-time National place winner in HS. Ranked #1 for a reason right. Kid pretty good but if a casual Wrestling People look at the rankings they say why he’s Ranked #1 for ? 

Most National Tournaments on their registration ask you for your State you represent (Flo, Super 32, Fargo) Indiana. Indianamat covers all events . Those tournaments ask for your State placement as well . 

The Notorious 

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

I have 2 question for the Wrestling People ? 

Do you even look at Mike’s Rankings every week ? (120-152-182) just a example

Are your rankings based on what “you think” going to happen at Evansville SS ? 

Not trying to give you hard time . 

The Notorious  

1) yes with a grain of salt

2) not for me

1 hour ago, TeamGarcia said:

The Wrestling People has a question for Joe ? 

A-A Ron asks : Would you ever consider putting kids National accomplishments (placement) along side the State placements on the rankings ? 

Example: Wrestler at 120 is a junior has no State credentials but is a Multi-time National place winner in HS. Ranked #1 for a reason right. Kid pretty good but if a casual Wrestling People look at the rankings they say why he’s Ranked #1 for ? 

Most National Tournaments on their registration ask you for your State you represent (Flo, Super 32, Fargo) Indiana. Indianamat covers all events . Those tournaments ask for your State placement as well . 

The Notorious 

No because the page already has enough on it as we have the significant matches listed. Also, while national accomplishments help, for state rankings they aren't exactly used much. For the class rankings though national rankings are important and are used more to separate guys that will never wrestle, even though I'm trying to get an Asa vs. Eli match soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.