Eligibility

Coach McCoy

2 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Zero

Sectional eligibility is determined by qualified weigh-ins. They must have six qualifying weigh-ins with one being at scratch weight and one being in January.

There is no minimum on number of matches wrestled.

10 matches in order to be seeded?

I know of few wrestlers to have 0 coming into sectionals and go to state and place...Jose escobedo did it as well iirc.. Jeremy motl did it in 97 due to a knee injury from football.. he placed 7th at HW and was not it full form being a 215 pounder when in peak condition... mean mean dude on the mat and a great dude off..

13 minutes ago, Coach McCoy said:

Here’s my next question then...If a wrestler is temporarily ineligible because he has yet to get 10 practices in, is he able to still weigh in at a meet/tournament to record a qualifying weigh in even though he cannot compete?

Yes he can weigh in even if not eligible to wrestle.

With this in the IHSAA bylaws how are they giving you another answer?

Ineligible Students

Q. 60-9 May a temporarily ineligible wrestler be weighed in at dual meets or tournaments where his School is participating for the purpose of meeting minimum weight classification requirements for the State Tournament Series?

A. Yes.

8 hours ago, chambers said:

With this in the IHSAA bylaws how are they giving you another answer?

Ineligible Students

Q. 60-9 May a temporarily ineligible wrestler be weighed in at dual meets or tournaments where his School is participating for the purpose of meeting minimum weight classification requirements for the State Tournament Series?

A. Yes.

They claim that rule is referring to a transfer student. I even copied and pasted that word for word into the email.

7 hours ago, Coach McCoy said:

They claim that rule is referring to a transfer student. I even copied and pasted that word for word into the email.

How about on page 78 of the Winter Bulletin. Number 3?

"3. A student may weigh in at a meet even though he/she may not be eligible to compete in that meet"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.