ECIC

AJ

There looks to be a very fun 195 bracket, especially with Lee dropping down from 220:  Semistate rankings next to name

# 2 Stewart Mossholder Oak Hill (also ranked 7th in state)

# 3 Andrew Abbott Muncie Central (also ranked 11th in state)

# 4 Cole Gray Norwell

# 6 Nathaniel Lykins Jay County

220 # 3 Victor Lee (also ranked 4th at 220 in state)

There are some other fun brackets, but this one is definitely the toughest...

Lot of unknowns in the 160 class. Coldwater was a state alternate in ohio. Moeller kid is 7-4....but wrestled in the prestigious pennsylvannia Gatorade classic last year and held his own. #16 joe parrish from homestead in the state.  Also #6 semistate hemmelgarn from jay county. 

Who are your champs? I've got....

106 - Cline (MuC) over Johnson (NOR)

113 - Deadman (OAKH) over Bertch (BLF)

120 - Zadylak (NOR) over Hardcastle (OAKH)

126 - Blackburn (DELT) over Johnson (NOR)

132 - Johnson (MAR) over Boggs (COLD)

138 - Lucas Fox (DELT) over Hurd (GRSE)

145 - Jenkins (HMST) over McCammon (MuC)

152 - Schricker (JC) over Crawford (UC)

160 - Parrish (HMST) over Hemmelgarn (JC)

170 - Burris (HMST) over Jayden (UC)

182 - Winner (JC) over Rosman (OAKH)

195 - Abbott (MuC) over Lee (MAR)

220 - Pease (DELT) over Peed (WINC)

285 - Swallow (MoC) ove Shaffer (WINC)

17 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

I will take Shaffer over Swallow at 285...a surprise at 160...every other i am in agreement on.

58 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

Fun championship match for 120. Possibilitiy for McCammon or Jones to make a name for themselves with a championship at 145.

Edited by Thewrestler317

46 minutes ago, purdue02 said:

Don’t count out Stewart Mossholder. Owns two wins over victor lee in two great matches. It will be the rematch of last years final in the semis. 

15 minutes ago, jason said:

I will take Shaffer over Swallow at 285...a surprise at 160...every other i am in agreement on.

Swallow has taken he last couple of matchups between Shaffer and Swallow. I would be surprised if he loses to Shaffer at all this season. They'll wrestle at least one more time at the Randolph County tournament and then likely again at sectional.  I'm putting my money on Swallow.  160 is a stacked class, not really a whole lot of unknowns, and I don't really see anyone in the class that would be a surprise.  Parrish is the best wrestler in the group.  Hemmelgarn is solid, but beatable. 

Nicholas Wells has looked pretty dominant this season at 145.  Union City has managed to earn three top seeds. I would be surprised if non of those seeds make the finals.  Jenkins over Wells at 145.

TLS

9 minutes ago, twoleftshoes said:

Swallow has taken he last couple of matchups between Shaffer and Swallow. I would be surprised if he loses to Shaffer at all this season. They'll wrestle at least one more time at the Randolph County tournament and then likely again at sectional.  I'm putting my money on Swallow.  160 is a stacked class, not really a whole lot of unknowns, and I don't really see anyone in the class that would be a surprise.  Parrish is the best wrestler in the group.  Hemmelgarn is solid, but beatable. 

Nicholas Wells has looked pretty dominant this season at 145.  Union City has managed to earn three top seeds. I would be surprised if non of those seeds make the finals.  Jenkins over Wells at 145.

TLS

Obviously past results dont mean a.hill of beans. Shaffer has worked in the offseason and transformed his body dramatically...as far as 160..we shall see.

4 minutes ago, jason said:

Obviously past results dont mean a.hill of beans. Shaffer has worked in the offseason and transformed his body dramatically...as far as 160..we shall see.

If past results did not matter then why seed the wrestlers?  Based on what I've seen, Swallow wins over Shaffer.  I am not doubting the off-season effort or work ethic of anyone. I'm sure they are both great kids who worked hard.  

All in on Parrish at 160.

Jason, you are in Winchester right?  What are your thoughts on the Union City guys? 

17 minutes ago, twoleftshoes said:

If past results did not matter then why seed the wrestlers?  Based on what I've seen, Swallow wins over Shaffer.  I am not doubting the off-season effort or work ethic of anyone. I'm sure they are both great kids who worked hard.  

Jason, you are in Winchester right?  What are your thoughts on the Union City guys? 

To be honest...they wrestle hard..145 and 152 are very solid..all the others will wrestle you tough...and can hold their own. 

Edited by jason

21 minutes ago, twoleftshoes said:

Any word y Parrish missed columbus east invitational as well as some duals the week leading up to?

1 minute ago, bigballerb said:

Wish I knew more about the other teams. I know Marion will be there in the 4-5 range bc they bring some solid guys in.

It's almost like there's multiple levels in the tournament.  We have our front runners.  A battle in the middle 4-6, and then a third tournament with everyone else battling for 7 and beyond.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.