3a seeding for team state

Mattyb

3 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

37-18 Avon just like last year.

Don’t really see any big changes but adding Freije to the lineup. Never know you might see a bump down or up Avon lineup. Coaches call. 

The Notorious 

Rebels have 5 different kids in the lineup -- 2 of them are State Ranked; they only lost 3 points from Sam Hansen.

Avon lost Miranda and Osho who had big wins (10 points).  Avon also got 6 points at 106 which will not occur this year because the Rebels will get the fall.

The dual will be totally different than last year.  I am not predicting a win for the Rebels, but I am quite certain it will not be 37-18.

Just now, Indysportsfan said:

Rebels have 5 different kids in the lineup -- 2 of them are State Ranked; they only lost 3 points from Sam Hansen.

Avon lost Miranda and Osho who had big wins (10 points).  Avon also got 6 points at 106 which will not occur this year because the Rebels will get the fall.

The dual will be totally different than last year.  I am not predicting a win for the Rebels, but I am quite certain it will not be 37-18.

Of coarse your not... I’m totally not either ... lol . Actually rooting for my other school Muncie Southside Rebels . Oh.... that’s right that’s not s HS anymore. 

14 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Based on your line ups. I’ll predict the Garcia’s will come out on top and we take 9 of 14 matches. Avon is a slightly favored here.

Perry looks to have the head to head advantage too. 

I think all this will be considered by the powers to be. 

Edited by Mattyb

3 minutes ago, V and M's Dad said:

????? This is a counting game and you lose!!!!     I think we pin at 195 with a cradle but the prediction was a decision based on results.

How does Roncalli go from 26 to 20?  The pin at 195 only gains Perry points, it does not take away from the Rebels because they got 0 points.  Losing at 170 would take them from 26 to 23.....where do you get 20 points?

6 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Based on your line ups. I’ll predict the Garcia’s will come out on top and we take 9 of 14 matches. Avon is a slightly favored here.

Perry looks to have the head to head advantage too. 

I think all this will be considered by the powers to be. 

If they both won it would be 8-6, not 9-5.

26 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

How does Roncalli lose 6 points when the only difference you believe would be Mahan losing?  

I stand corrected I forgot we are pinning at 113 in a real world scenario the score would be 44-23. Roncalli only losing 3 is correct.

I don't want to at all help Avon but the little Garcia is winning at 113 that is not a toss up.

42 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

Man that's rough. 

I’m a Alumni bro , just trying to get the Real Southside Rebels out there. 😁 reppin the real mean streets of Muncie . 

Didn’t mean to put salt in a wound . I’m still a Rebel 4-Life !

The Notorious 

Edited by TeamGarcia

8 minutes ago, TeamGarcia said:

I’m a Alumni bro , just trying to get the Real Southside Rebels out there. 😁 reppin the real mean streets of Muncie . 

Didn’t mean to put salt in a wound . I’m still a Rebel 4-Life !

The Notorious 

josh barnes was 1 rotten rebel! 

8 hours ago, bluemonster said:

1.) EMD

2.) Cathedral

3.) Warren Central

4.) Brownsburg 

5.) Avon (if they have bodies in lineup)

6.) Carmel 

7.) Perry Meridian 

8.) Roncalli

———————————

9.) Columbus East

10.) Portage

11.) Northridge

12.) Penn

See s see how this works? Blue monsters’s falcons come to evansville and beat “#1” MD and THEY are the top team.

tricky!

6 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Avon wrestles a weak dual schedule, actually it’s down right weakest schedule in the State . Anybody seen any competition for them to wrestle ?

Anybody ...... out there.

Hello.... 

The Notorious 

“Fonzie is the nicest guy what ever beat me up”

-Squiggy, from the Laverne and Shirley show

3 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Yes if it’s the Barnes of 96-97 . Before he got into some trouble . 

yep same ol barnes..I ended up being his team mate and friend through mma.. he had 1 mean streak and was a dangerous man in the cage.. he actually became tim Sylvia's main sparring partner when tim was still in decent shape and fighting. 

10 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

MattyB you lied to us!! 

I agree starting 12-0 in any dual is difficult. I said In the past if you are a 3a team and you can not bring a full line up you shouldn’t be allowed in. 

I am pulling for pools match ups. 

Yoh know I would love to see Avon-roncalli in the same pool. 

Portage-carmel 

teacher vs the student 

Teacher vs students* lmao

10 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Based on actual results and watching many of the teams participating:

1. Cathedral (beat Portage 46-18, beat Avon 43-21)

2. Warren Central (beat Avon 41-17, lost to Cathedral 28-31)

3. EMD (beat Avon 43-24)

4. Brownsburg (beat Avon 36-17)

5. Roncalli (beat Carmel 29-27)

6. Carmel (lost to Roncalli 27-29) 

7. Perry Meridian (beat Columbus East 42-20)

8. Avon (lost to EMD 24-43, lost to Brownsburg 17-36, lost to Warren Central 17-41, lost to Cathedral 21-43)

Please take this as constructive, or nitpicky if you must, but this is a big pet peeve of mine.  

Saying Avon lost to Cathedral 21-43 is akin to a double negative.  The winning score ALWAYS goes first.  Stating they won or lost tells the reader which team had which score.  I've seen this a lot lately and no clue why.  Maybe it's an internet thing, because you don't see it in any respectable print (the few that remain).

Sorry for the rant, but listing a score as 27-29 drives me nuts and is just wrong.  :)  

Back to your regularly scheduled argument with Avon and Perry fans!

18 hours ago, TeamGarcia said:

Of coarse your not... I’m totally not either ... lol . Actually rooting for my other school Muncie Southside Rebels . Oh.... that’s right that’s not s HS anymore. 

That cuts deep... really deep..... 

With the results from last night I believe Perry Meridian could have grabbed the #5 spot by leading EMD with 2 matches to go.

Columbus East, hanging with Cathedral, could have also moved themselves into a seeding position.

Portage beat Crown Point by 1, which probably solidifies their position outside of the top 9 based on the results from other teams wrestling Crown Point and/or common opponents.

As it has been said, extremely difficult to seed this event.  I am sold on the top 4, but in a different order than I originally posted.  Seeding 5-9 is rough and should make for a few sleepless nights.

9 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

With the results from last night I believe Perry Meridian could have grabbed the #5 spot by leading EMD with 2 matches to go.

Columbus East, hanging with Cathedral, could have also moved themselves into a seeding position.

Portage beat Crown Point by 1, which probably solidifies their position outside of the top 9 based on the results from other teams wrestling Crown Point and/or common opponents.

As it has been said, extremely difficult to seed this event.  I am sold on the top 4, but in a different order than I originally posted.  Seeding 5-9 is rough and should make for a few sleepless nights.

Solidifies because of common opponents? Portage beat franklin community 49-21 and CE beat them 41-21. Cathedral was without Slivka last night, so that’s most likely a 12 point swing and the score is similar to the portage vs cathedral. Match ups are different for every team.  Portage was also out two starters. Just a little insight

10 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

Columbus east within 12 of Cathedral. I noticed East wbf at 160. Did Slivka get pinned?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.