Heres a poll on how your rate the coverage of wrestling in your local area

Please rate the coverage of your local newspaper  

73 members have voted

1. 1. How is the coverage of wrestling by your local newspaper/Media?

• My newspaper is excellent and gives results of all mathces and tournaments and consistently has features on wrestlers and events.
    • My local newspaper sometimes gives results and occassionally has a feature on wrestlers.
    • My local newspaper rarely provides wrestling results and scores and almost all of its coverage surrounds basketball.

I have a subscription for our local paper which I like  and I realized I haven't seen a wrestling result posted  or an article concerning wrestling this year.  I was frustrated by that.   I was just curious on how wrestling gets covered around the state, so I decided to do a poll.

Our local newspapers are spread so thin with reporters it's terrible.  Their deadlines for getting info in is like 8 or 9 pm. If I don't send anything in, it does not get covered unless it is our conference duals, tournaments, or some other big event. Boy's and girl's basketball, NBA, other pro sports,  and even hs swimming, gets 95% of the coverage. We have had 3 home matches this year and not a single article, and our program has been one of the top winter programs in the area amongst all winter sports for 4-5 years. Not much we can do other than keep sending info, results, and stats in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.