Nebraska at Penn State Jan 20th - Chad Red vs Nick Lee Round 2

26 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I don't.  I'm asking.  You seem to present yourself as knowing more than everyone else.  

I am not looking through any "lenses" but am simply asking questions that are fair and reasonable to anyone that knows anything about the sport, whether they wrestled at the collegiate level or not.

I've you've read this thread and the other college thread and paid attention, you would have read that I thought Chad would win the match.  You would have also read discussions on what could have been holding Chad back this year and at NO point did I ever act as if I knew the answer.  I simply asked questions and posed possibilities (injury, health, weight management, etc. for example).  At some point, people must understand the difference between asking a question or posing a possibility to making an accusation.  Perhaps you can do that while teaching me the definition of the word flaw?  I'd welcome that discussion.

Lastly, if you have seen me make any remarks about Chad that were disrespectful, please point them out to me.  Chad was one helluva a HS wrestler.  He was an NCAA All-American as a redshirt freshman.  His sophomore year, to this point has not held up to that level.  Yet there is time.  It can still happen.  But the fact is he is 6-7 against D1 competition.  It doesn't take an NCAA All-American to know that is not what most would expect from an All-American.  Again, to clarify, the criticism is about his performance, not him.  There IS a difference.

Enjoy your day on your high horse.

That's what I wanted. Reveal your true feelings Luke. I don't prescribe to the word flaw in reference to wrestling. I use tendency. CJ has developed some tendencies he needs to eliminate. That is all.  Stop with that I think I know more than everyone narrative. I gave my opinion just like you.  I just got all up in your craw.  I found that little part in your Id that makes you feel like lashing out.  This ain't that.  Many have tried many have failed to frame me as some megalomaniac. I just know what I know. And I have 35 years of experience to back it up. Be easy bruh. It's just a message board. 

22 minutes ago, Leftenant Luers said:

That's what I wanted. Reveal your true feelings Luke. I don't prescribe to the word flaw in reference to wrestling. I use tendency. CJ has developed some tendencies he needs to eliminate. That is all.  Stop with that I think I know more than everyone narrative. I gave my opinion just like you.  I just got all up in your craw.  I found that little part in your Id that makes you feel like lashing out.  This ain't that.  Many have tried many have failed to frame me as some megalomaniac. I just know what I know. And I have 35 years of experience to back it up. Be easy bruh. It's just a message board. 

It's comical that you are telling me to take it easy it's only a board, when it was your panties that got in a bunch in the first place.  You told me to study and learn, when nothing I stated had anything to do with a lack of knowledge.  You didn't give your opinion, you questioned others knowledge and whether they were an elite wrestler and you didn't like someone's use of the word flaw because you don't "prescribe" to it in reference to wrestling.  

You got in my craw because you made invalid criticisms and came off like you knew more than everyone else, not only to me.  I can live with what I post here.  I know the limits of my knowledge and know when it is appropriate to ask questions.  And I do recognize awesomeness.  I just haven't seen any of it in your posts.

Have a great day.  It's just a message board, right Luke?

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

It's comical that you are telling me to take it easy it's only a board, when it was your panties that got in a bunch in the first place.  You told me to study and learn, when nothing I stated had anything to do with a lack of knowledge.  You didn't give your opinion, you questioned others knowledge and whether they were an elite wrestler and you didn't like someone's use of the word flaw because you don't "prescribe" to it in reference to wrestling.  

You got in my craw because you made invalid criticisms and came off like you knew more than everyone else, not only to me.  I can live with what I post here.  I know the limits of my knowledge and know when it is appropriate to ask questions.  And I do recognize awesomeness.  I just haven't seen any of it in your posts.

Have a great day.  It's just a message board, right Luke?

I didn't say take it easy. I said be easy. If you were from an urban area or associated with those who do you would know there is a difference.  I want all the smoke.  Being awesome is for you millenials.  I'm magnanimous.  I don't have to brag about message board prowess.  I've been nominated to two states forums hall of fame.  Look let me point this out to you.  I like to disliked by your kind.  It amuses me.  And thanks for admitting I got up in your craw.  So by typing what did I say I knew more?  I asked what did you know and you got all Scrubby on me.  It's MLK day so I'm going to celebrate being able to vote, achieve, and exist freely because of his sacrifices.  Any time you'd like: I'll be your Huckleberry😉.

32 minutes ago, Leftenant Luers said:

I didn't say take it easy. I said be easy. If you were from an urban area or associated with those who do you would know there is a difference.  I want all the smoke.  Being awesome is for you millenials.  I'm magnanimous.  I don't have to brag about message board prowess.  I've been nominated to two states forums hall of fame.  Look let me point this out to you.  I like to disliked by your kind.  It amuses me.  And thanks for admitting I got up in your craw.  So by typing what did I say I knew more?  I asked what did you know and you got all Scrubby on me.  It's MLK day so I'm going to celebrate being able to vote, achieve, and exist freely because of his sacrifices.  Any time you'd like: I'll be your Huckleberry😉.

Congrats! I think you've been banned that many times on this one...well on the way to another. And you started out so well this time too before getting all up in your feelings.

Who is Luke and Huckleberry? Is it an urban/suburban thing I don't understand, like "be easy"?

Who is SWIN's "kind"?

For the record, I'm Sargent Shultz...I KNOW NOTHING!!! So you don't have to ask.

Edited by UncleJimmy

2 hours ago, Leftenant Luers said:

I don't prescribe to the word flaw in reference to wrestling. I use tendency. CJ has developed some tendencies he needs to eliminate.

Tendencies, bad habits, weaknesses, flaws - call it what ever you like because it is all the same. Something that needs to change to get better.

I have not witnessed all of Chad's collegiate matches, only about a half dozen or so. But in those, I have witnessed a lack of offensive initiation from his feet. His "tendency" is to wait for his opponent to attack & then counter. It's not like he is the first wrestler to employ this strategy. Many very successful wrestlers have, but it does pose a significant problem when trailing late in a match.

1 hour ago, UncleJimmy said:

Congrats! I think you've been banned that many times on this one...well on the way to another. And you started out so well this time too before getting all up in your feelings.

Who is Luke and Huckleberry? Is it an urban/suburban thing I don't understand, like "be easy"?

Who is SWIN's "kind"?

For the record, I'm Sargent Shultz...I KNOW NOTHING!!! So you don't have to ask.

I've been thrown out of better establishments than this!  Your opinion means nothing and by kind I mean Hater. Like yourself.  Hating on a kid. I didn't know he needed his uncle jimmy to speak for him. I'm in Iowa preparing my sons for state this weekend.  I could give two future flarn filths  about who you are.  Luke is Luke Skywalker.  The Huckleberry is Doc Holiday. I'm not going to give you the secrets to my Ebonics. Google it.

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

Tendencies, bad habits, weaknesses, flaws - call it what ever you like because it is all the same. Something that needs to change to get better.

I have not witnessed all of Chad's collegiate matches, only about a half dozen or so. But in those, I have witnessed a lack of offensive initiation from his feet. His "tendency" is to wait for his opponent to attack & then counter. It's not like he is the first wrestler to employ this strategy. Many very successful wrestlers have, but it does pose a significant problem when trailing late in a match.

I've heard people say that waiting or countering is bad. Tell that to Tsirtsis. He somehow won a national title with the  same approach.  To gain something you give something up.  I like his approach.  He just needs to be more assertive and keep constant pressure if he keeps that approach.

42 minutes ago, Leftenant Luers said:

I've been thrown out of better establishments than this!  Your opinion means nothing and by kind I mean Hater. Like yourself.  Hating on a kid. I didn't know he needed his uncle jimmy to speak for him. I'm in Iowa preparing my sons for state this weekend.  I could give two future flarn filths  about who you are.  Luke is Luke Skywalker.  The Huckleberry is Doc Holiday. I'm not going to give you the secrets to my Ebonics. Google it.

Still waiting for anyone to provide one instance where I was "hating" on Chad Red.  Again, your inability to understand the difference between asking questions and providing potential answers vs. making accusations or "hating" is comical.

As for the rest, I believe it speaks for itself.....

6 hours ago, Leftenant Luers said:

No excuses...I have FlowGold so I've seen all of his matches. I believe he was hurt earlier in the year. How do you know what his expectations are?  I believe he is an All-American.  I don't think the season is over.  He isn't being dominated. He lost some close matches that he probably should have won but haven't we all?  I don't have time to debate you on the word flaw.  He needs to be more assertive is what I'll offer. Nothing more.  Since you aren't or never were an elite wrestler, you are probably looking at these loses through Scrub Lenses.  Study more. Learn the sport.  Appreciate greatness when you see it.  Holiday Inn is for Lames.

Leftenant, why are you hating on Chad? You really think his expectations are to have a losing season against D1 comp the year after he AA'd? You think he expected to be sent to the Doane Open with the Nebraska scrubs to wrestle a kid from Northwest Kansas Technical College half a season after taking 7th? You must not think much of Chad if you think he expected this. Quit being so hard on the kid.

58 minutes ago, Leftenant Luers said:

I've heard people say that waiting or countering is bad. Tell that to Tsirtsis. He somehow won a national title with the  same approach.  To gain something you give something up.  I like his approach.  He just needs to be more assertive and keep constant pressure if he keeps that approach. 

You haven't heard me say it is bad. I even conceded that many successful wrestlers have & do employ this strategy. But if a wrestler allows this to become the predominate method from which he scores then it can be problematic when trailing late in a match. This is what I believe I have witnessed from Chad.

I will freely admit that I am a Nick Lee fan because he hails not only from Indiana but also from my home town. But I am not a Chad Red hater. I simply posted an opinion regarding what I believe I have observed from a handful of his matches.

I actually believe that Chad would benefit from opening up his offense & taking more chances attacking his opponents. He has proven he is a good scrambler so I am a little baffled as to why he isn't more aggressive from his feet.

15 hours ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Leftenant, why are you hating on Chad? You really think his expectations are to have a losing season against D1 comp the year after he AA'd? You think he expected to be sent to the Doane Open with the Nebraska scrubs to wrestle a kid from Northwest Kansas Technical College half a season after taking 7th? You must not think much of Chad if you think he expected this. Quit being so hard on the kid.

Your logic is nonsensical. Your thoughts aren't linear. I never said anything you wrote.  I've been supporting CJ since he was an 8th grader. You sound like a kid so I'll take it easy on you: leave the trolling to Tekashi 69 and Soulja Boy Tell'em and quit clout chasing. We are not cut from the same cloth. Stay in your lane.  And always watch your spitmaker.

15 hours ago, SIACfan said:

You haven't heard me say it is bad. I even conceded that many successful wrestlers have & do employ this strategy. But if a wrestler allows this to become the predominate method from which he scores then it can be problematic when trailing late in a match. This is what I believe I have witnessed from Chad.

I will freely admit that I am a Nick Lee fan because he hails not only from Indiana but also from my home town. But I am not a Chad Red hater. I simply posted an opinion regarding what I believe I have observed from a handful of his matches.

I actually believe that Chad would benefit from opening up his offense & taking more chances attacking his opponents. He has proven he is a good scrambler so I am a little baffled as to why he isn't more aggressive from his feet.

Touche. Great analysis. Good reasoning. The hat is tipped.

Just now, wrestlenewbie said:

Let us know how your sons do at state this weekend.

I wholeheartedly support as much bragging as a man can do about his sons.

They are 8 and 10. I'm not bragging about it. That's the reason I'm in Iowa this week. You might wanna be nice we plan on moving to Evansville and being Catholic; guess where they may attend?

kentucky.jpg

heather phone 951.jpg

ken.jpg

nene.jpg

On 1/21/2019 at 10:39 AM, Leftenant Luers said:

No excuses...I have FlowGold so I've seen all of his matches. I believe he was hurt earlier in the year. How do you know what his expectations are?  I believe he is an All-American.  I don't think the season is over.  He isn't being dominated. He lost some close matches that he probably should have won but haven't we all?  I don't have time to debate you on the word flaw.  He needs to be more assertive is what I'll offer. Nothing more.  Since you aren't or never were an elite wrestler, you are probably looking at these loses through Scrub Lenses.  Study more. Learn the sport.  Appreciate greatness when you see it.  Holiday Inn is for Lames.

Scrub lenses....lmao

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to like Red despite my initial impression of his dad celebrating after he beat Lee, but I just can't get behind him.  I saw an instagrap clip of him doing some weird dance or something after he beat Iowa last week and then walking back to the center of the mat leaning backward.  I love to see some guys celebrate like Mark Hall and others who seem to find a way to make it fun.  Penn State seems to have mastered it.  I can't say exactly why Red's rubbed me the wrong way, but it only reinforced my impression of him.  Was glad to hear he then went to MN and took a 9-2 loss to McKee.

1 hour ago, doctorWrestling said:

I have tried to like Red despite my initial impression of his dad celebrating after he beat Lee, but I just can't get behind him.  I saw an instagrap clip of him doing some weird dance or something after he beat Iowa last week and then walking back to the center of the mat leaning backward.  I love to see some guys celebrate like Mark Hall and others who seem to find a way to make it fun.  Penn State seems to have mastered it.  I can't say exactly why Red's rubbed me the wrong way, but it only reinforced my impression of him.  Was glad to hear he then went to MN and took a 9-2 loss to McKee.

No one who reads my history of posts would be surprised to hear I am a big Lee fan, but I hate, Hate, HATE the bash Chad Red posts. Who cares how he celebrates? Let it go. He won fair and square in high school. I have never met him, but I like to think he is a really nice kid who trains hard.

1 hour ago, wrestlenewbie said:

No one who reads my history of posts would be surprised to hear I am a big Lee fan, but I hate, Hate, HATE the bash Chad Red posts. Who cares how he celebrates? Let it go. He won fair and square in high school. I have never met him, but I like to think he is a really nice kid who trains hard.

Amen, that post is just plain stupid!