Nebraska at Penn State Jan 20th - Chad Red vs Nick Lee Round 2

15 hours ago, IU89 said:

Amen, that post is just plain stupid!

That's fine.  I knew people wouldn't like it.  Maybe I should have said there is a way to celebrate that is fun and makes me root for guys and there is a way to celebrate that makes me really dislike guys.  He may be a great kid, but the way he does it just rubs me wrong.  I am not anti-celebrations, I like probably 90% of them.  Just the ones I have noticed would make me put him in the Desanto category instead of the Mark Hall category.  I don't know the kid and I am not saying he is a bad kid, it just seems like he wants to be the heel and while that is fun sometimes too he will probably not get a lot of fans by doing it.

23 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

I have tried to like Red despite my initial impression of his dad celebrating after he beat Lee, but I just can't get behind him.  I saw an instagrap clip of him doing some weird dance or something after he beat Iowa last week and then walking back to the center of the mat leaning backward.  I love to see some guys celebrate like Mark Hall and others who seem to find a way to make it fun.  Penn State seems to have mastered it.  I can't say exactly why Red's rubbed me the wrong way, but it only reinforced my impression of him.  Was glad to hear he then went to MN and took a 9-2 loss to McKee.

The Iowa match in particular, he did basically nothing for 6:50 against Iowa's back up and then strutted around like he just knocked off a top 10 kid.

1 hour ago, MD92 said:

The Iowa match in particular, he did basically nothing for 6:50 against Iowa's back up and then strutted around like he just knocked off a top 10 kid.

So I went back and watched that bout to see what you were talking about. He had a whopping 4 second celebration where he strutted and nodded his head. 4 seconds. I timed it. That BARELY qualifies as a celebration and certainly not excessive. Its the opening match of the dual against a higher ranked team. The crowd is into it at home and cheering him on. Sure, technically, Turk is the back up, but he is 13-3 and they last met in the NCAA tournament where Turk made it to the round of 16. Turk is even rated higher on Wrestlestat than Red. Turk is real competition. I feel like people are looking to be offended even when there is no offense. I get the "act like you been there" school, but come on. We are now in the land of picked nits.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, doctorWrestling said:

That's fine.  I knew people wouldn't like it.  Maybe I should have said there is a way to celebrate that is fun and makes me root for guys and there is a way to celebrate that makes me really dislike guys.  He may be a great kid, but the way he does it just rubs me wrong.  I am not anti-celebrations, I like probably 90% of them.  Just the ones I have noticed would make me put him in the Desanto category instead of the Mark Hall category.  I don't know the kid and I am not saying he is a bad kid, it just seems like he wants to be the heel and while that is fun sometimes too he will probably not get a lot of fans by doing it.

Boy I bet you are hating last nightsw result. Respect that man. He is a gamer you are a hater