Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hook and half

#2 Perry Meridian vs. #4 Mater Dei

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, hook and half said:

I'm calling BS on this.  Mike Goebel is not one to provide bulletin board material.

It's not like he was saying this to the media.  Plenty of things were said in the wrestling room to motivate that were not in media, thus they were not bulletin board material for other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MD92 said:

Yes.  One that sticks out was back in the days of the old Indiana's Best, Lawrence North came down and lost.  That was 1993.  We had gone to LN the previous 2 seasons for Indiana's Best (along with Franklin County and Muncie South).  Lost to LN 27-21 in 1991 and beat LN 27-21 in 1992.  Went up and beat Cathedral a week later in 1992 as well.  I know Central, Reitz and Castle have had some highly ranked teams over the years.  It's always been hard getting teams to make the trip south, so we always went North.

Good call!  On January 7, 1993, MD beat third-ranked Lawrence North 32-19 then defeated fifth-ranked Bellmont 30-25--in consecutive rounds.  The loss broke Bellmont's streak of 59 consecutive dual meet wins.  Three days prior, the 'Cats beat sixth-ranked Evansville Central in front of a packed house at 1300 Harmony Way.  

The only other top-five meet was in 2013 when top-ranked Union County (Kentucky) faced off with the #2 Wildcats.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MD92 said:

Yes.  One that sticks out was back in the days of the old Indiana's Best, Lawrence North came down and lost.  That was 1993.  We had gone to LN the previous 2 seasons for Indiana's Best (along with Franklin County and Muncie South).  Lost to LN 27-21 in 1991 and beat LN 27-21 in 1992.  Went up and beat Cathedral a week later in 1992 as well.  I know Central, Reitz and Castle have had some highly ranked teams over the years.  It's always been hard getting teams to make the trip south, so we always went North.

We took down #1 Lawrence North following week took down #3 Cathedral and following week took down #6 Central.  That LN team had 4 individuals state champs that year

I remember jumping into the Lawrence North swimming pool afterwards to celebrate.  Goebel and Helfeich wasn’t pleased

Edited by PhillyFanMD
Add more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, WrestleMan said:

So Perry gets a fall at 182 because Clayton is a "big move guy", but Mater Dei can't get a fall at 113, 120, 126 or 132? Also Perry seems to have two guys who "show up in dual meets". I guess the Mater Dei guys don't care about dual meets. 

Seems like fair, unbiased reporting. 

wow you are toxic, it is just an opinion :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MD92 said:

Yes.  One that sticks out was back in the days of the old Indiana's Best, Lawrence North came down and lost.  That was 1993.  We had gone to LN the previous 2 seasons for Indiana's Best (along with Franklin County and Muncie South).  Lost to LN 27-21 in 1991 and beat LN 27-21 in 1992.  Went up and beat Cathedral a week later in 1992 as well.  I know Central, Reitz and Castle have had some highly ranked teams over the years.  It's always been hard getting teams to make the trip south, so we always went North.

Good thing for us they stopped scheduling St Edward’s and St Paris Graham!

Edited by PhillyFanMD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PerryMeridianFan24 said:

wow you are toxic, it is just an opinion :(

Not sure what you mean by toxic, but true not to see everything through those blue and silver goggles.

I’ll admit it when Perry is better than MD but to use the “big move” logic or “big in dual meets” logic is crap. These are two top 5 teams. At certain points in their wrestling lives they’ve all hit big moves or come up big for their teams. To say one team will and the other won’t is unrealistic 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2018 at 9:56 PM, navy80 said:

Didn’t realize Warren is all conference football as a sophomore. That’s awesome. Small and young but definitely gifted. 

 

Will he be better than his brother?

I believe his brother was only all conference in football once or twice. So he has a little head start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning wrestling fans. The day has arrived. We have the spot light in place. Custom T-shirts for all wrestlers, varsity and junior varsity. A well known local announcer. Our historic gymnasium will be at capacity and rocking tonight. Get there early and get a half pot ticket. To the Perry wrestler and fans be safe in your travels. Lets get ready to rummmmbbbbllleee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mdspiderman81 said:

Good morning wrestling fans. The day has arrived. We have the spot light in place. Custom T-shirts for all wrestlers, varsity and junior varsity. A well known local announcer. Our historic gymnasium will be at capacity and rocking tonight. Get there early and get a half pot ticket. To the Perry wrestler and fans be safe in your travels. Lets get ready to rummmmbbbbllleee.

uhhhhh..... you now owe Michael Buffer $17.48 for using his tag line..... worth it however !! 

Can someone please post the link where this will be streamed ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Link wont be available until I get there and get setup.  I will send it out as soon as possible.  Here is something to get you pumped.

 

 

Edited by NCGRAD00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In about 20 mins I will be sending the link for the youtube feed.  That will be the main feed where the comments will be looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NCGRAD00 said:

In about 20 mins I will be sending the link for the youtube feed.  That will be the main feed where the comments will be looked at.

Are you dropping the link here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.