Middle school predictions

rmonroe294

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few of our local kids aren't even close to 70 pounds, let alone 75.  We'll have a 6th grader next year who's only going to be in the mid-50's.  Bellmont has an 8th grader who might be 80 pounds in street clothes.  Not too many around here are happy with 75 pounds being the minimum.

1 hour ago, AdamsCoBuschhh said:

We used to have a lot of MS tourneys with a 70 pound weight class around here when I was younger.

@AdamsCoBuschhh the middle school season has 70 as a weight class, but MS State starts at 75.  This aligns better with USAW Heartland MS duals, USAW MS National duals.

Simply put the MS season is kind rogue on rules for weight classes for dual meets and invites so the only thing consistent in MS wrestling is inconsistency.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:58 PM, JMILL said:

@AdamsCoBuschhh the middle school season has 70 as a weight class, but MS State starts at 75.  This aligns better with USAW Heartland MS duals, USAW MS National duals.

Simply put the MS season is kind rogue on rules for weight classes for dual meets and invites so the only thing consistent in MS wrestling is inconsistency.

Ah I see.  I just think it's great there's some smaller kids left in the sport.  We have a couple grandsons that are 9 and 10 year old that are still in the lower 50's.  I'd rather these kids eat at will and stuff them full when they come over than counting their calories.

Size doesn’t matter much , about 5-6 years ago I seen 2 kids weight about 69 lbs and the other about 71 lbs soaking wet come away 2nd & 3rd place that year.

(Trey Lane & Asa Garcia) If they got the Skill & Technique, let them wrestle . Kids weight is nothing but a number or a excuse . 

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, rmonroe294 said:

Need more sign ups

Many will wait until the final hours to sign up. 

Tough to make predictions in any year.   But especially this year.  Don’t know what weight everyone will be going and most weight classes will have tough matchups.

Plus, there will be surprises on how far down some of these kids will go.

75- Syra/Demarco/Landen Haines

80- Preston Haines/Billerman/Syra

85- Seng/Foster/Billerman

90- Ison/Hammack/Courtney 

95- Lowery/Ison/Leavall

102- Schoeff/Goin/Frazier

110- Lemley/Goin/Gilbert

117- Lemley/May/McConnell

125- May/McConnell

132- Goodwin/Mills/Henry

140- Barr/Goodwin/Myers/Cruz

150- Barr/Goodwin/Myers

160- Carroll/Steinbeke/Willems

175- Jones/???

220- ???

275- ???

Next year you will have 4 incoming 6th graders all looking to become 3X MS champs depending on how their weights shake out (Rioux, Dickman, Hardin & Reynolds).  I believe they have won 5,3,4,5 straight ISWA titles.  With the high quality of current 6th graders this year, the next few years at MS state could be something special.

5 hours ago, <Pound Sign>HendricksCountySmellsFunnyBrand said:

Next year you will have 4 incoming 6th graders all looking to become 3X MS champs depending on how their weights shake out (Rioux, Dickman, Hardin & Reynolds).  I believe they have won 5,3,4,5 straight ISWA titles.  With the high quality of current 6th graders this year, the next few years at MS state could be something special.

And don't forget Evan Stanley.  Things will definitely be interesting for years to come. 

The excitement is starting to build for this weekend! Early registration is showing some pretty good match-ups of ranked wresters. Also, a couple of unranked wrestlers at 132 that are sure to make an impact.  

75:

80: HM-Seth Syra

85:

90: #20-Coy Hammack

95: #19-Brady Ison

102: #5-Cheaney Schoeff

117: #10-Aidan Torres, #12-Lane Gilbert

125: #22-Hunter May

132: UR-Bray Emerine, UR-Kaden Lone

140: #21-Drew Mills

150: #7-John Purdy, #15-Duke Myers

160: #11-Aaron Steenbeke, #16-Seth Willems

17 hours ago, MackG said:

And don't forget Evan Stanley.  Things will definitely be interesting for years to come. 

It will definitely be exciting to see how they  all develop and continue to grow. I believe all could be in different weight classes with Harden being the heaviest followed by Stanley, Reynolds, Dickman, and Rioux. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.