Walkout songs for state finals?

Cosgrove

I was sitting down talking to a few kids parents and another coach and came to the conclusion that one thing that our state finals could improve on is.. the introductions of each kid coming into the finals. Set it up just as how the ncaa finals go on. Wouldnt that be cool to have introductions songs, smoke machines lazer shows?

Edited by Cosgrove

We have a walk-out song for our guys during our home duals.  They love it.  It creates some energy and excitement in the stands too.  Definitely, mostly edited version of some rap song I don't understand, but kids are going to have fun and be themselves.  We have had guys come out to country, Mortal Combat Theme Song, and I think it was Brayton Lee that one time chose a Christmas Song and generally went with a Christian Band. 

#GrowTheSport

I remember coming out to my own intro song prior to the match (competing in a different state; NM & CO). That was half the fun. People tried to predict what you were coming out to. It got the crowd fired up. And when you have those matches boring matches (someone getting teched, etc.) it can help reset the room. 

9 hours ago, TripleB said:

Just started this year at Madison and I've done if for a few years at Switzerland County, it seems to bring more excitement to the match. I'll play the song throughout the match during breaks and at end of match. 

#DJTripleB

@TripleB ..... so you are saying when you were wrestling you played a song during all the breaks of the match ?   Hope it was the extended version of whatever song it was buddy !!!!

JK.....  TripleB is my buddy, Love #DJTripleB

We do it at our home meets as well.  I also added some stoppage music that got vetoed by my principal.

Blood Time - Bleeding out Imagine Dragons

Blood Time-Bad Blood - Taylor Swift

Injury Time - No Air - Jordin Sparks

I thought it was comical my AD and Principal didn't feel the same.

Edited by Raven27

2 hours ago, Raven27 said:

We do it at our home meets as well.  I also added some stoppage music that got vetoed by my principal.

Blood Time - Bleeding out Imagine Dragons

Blood Time-Bad Blood - Taylor Swift

Injury Time - No Air - Jordin Sparks

I thought it was comical my AD and Principal didn't feel the same.

That's AWESOME!!!

I am all for this! I think it would be pretty awesome to see what kids would pick to come out to and would certainly entertain us during the intros. If high school baseball players can do it, why not high school wrestlers?!?

Edited by ILUV2PIN
spelling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.