Jump to content

Calumet's Chris Traicoff Memorial Invitational Draw


Recommended Posts

Usually the top 4 teams at the Traicoff are shut outs. I don’t think that is happening this year. I think 2 duals will be tight. 

Floyd Central vs #4 seed Crown Point 

straight up no bumps I have it 7-7 with 145 being a huge swing match. 

Calumet vs #3 seed Culver academy 

CMA has some legit talent. But at cathedral Duals they had 4 forfeits(26,38,45,52) Wednesday in a loss to new prairie they forfeited 26-52. Calumet has some hammers at the back of their line up and coach Wadkins always has his boys ready to scrap. Could be interesting

Edited by ontherise219
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gone are the days with 7 of the Top 10 teams present though. The early 2000s with Hasseman’s Franklin, Crousore’s LN, Pendoski/Tharp’s Portage, Cathedral, Crown Point, Floyd Central, Lowell, and a cast of nasty Region teams. 

Always one of my favorite tourneys of the year. Well run and a good sampling from around the state. However, this year the tourney is way down. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 4:46 AM, ontherise219 said:

Usually the top 4 teams at the Traicoff are shut outs. I don’t think that is happening this year. I think 2 duals will be tight. 

Floyd Central vs #4 seed Crown Point 

straight up no bumps I have it 7-7 with 145 being a huge swing match. 

Calumet vs #3 seed Culver academy 

CMA has some legit talent. But at cathedral Duals they had 4 forfeits(26,38,45,52) Wednesday in a loss to new prairie they forfeited 26-52. Calumet has some hammers at the back of their line up and coach Wadkins always has his boys ready to scrap. Could be interesting

1 out of 2 not bad 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, AlaskanMountie said:

Culver as the three seed is an absolute joke. I would love to know what Jim was thinking there. 

Any other first round results? 

Absolute joke? What do you know about the team that Jim doesn’t know? Not Jim’s fault they had 26,38,45,52,95 & 220 all go down within a couple of days. Beating Wawasee want a Joke. Ask Cathedral if the kids they wrestled from CMA was a joke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Eagle2 said:

Absolute joke? What do you know about the team that Jim doesn’t know? Not Jim’s fault they had 26,38,45,52,95 & 220 all go down within a couple of days. Beating Wawasee want a Joke. Ask Cathedral if the kids they wrestled from CMA was a joke. 

I find it hard to believe that Culver wasn't aware they would be forfeiting all of those weights. From my understanding, they had multiple kids out for ACT testing. If they didn't report that to Jim than it's on them for the lopsided seeding. Regardless, it is a joke when the 3 seed finishes 14th out of 16 teams. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlaskanMountie said:

I find it hard to believe that Culver wasn't aware they would be forfeiting all of those weights. From my understanding, they had multiple kids out for ACT testing. If they didn't report that to Jim than it's on them for the lopsided seeding. Regardless, it is a joke when the 3 seed finishes 14th out of 16 teams. 

Ok, well your wrong. 1 kid had testing. Coaches found out the day before. 1 kid has a knee issue, one kid hurt his back during the week. 2 kids got a concussion this week & another kid had to take care of family things. Cant control these things. Cracks me up how grown adults get upset about these things. Indiana has more things to worry about than a teams seeding at an  in season tournament. Keep up the good work Jim. You can only go off the info you have @ the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 Chris Traicoff Memorial Wrestling Invitational

at Calumet High School (Saturday, December 8, 2018)

 

Round 1: Championship Round

#1) Cathedral-84, Munster-0

#8) South Bend Riley-37, Lowell-36

#5) Franklin-36, Valparaiso-30

#4) Crown Point-46, Floyd Central-25

Calumet-45, #3) Culver Academy-36

#6) Mishawaka-36, Lawrence North-31,

#7) Westfield-47, Southmont-21

#2) Portage-64, Lake Station-3               

                                                                       

Round 2: Championship Quarterfinal Round

Cathedral-72, South Bend Riley-4

Franklin-42, Crown Point-35

Mishawaka-76, Calumet-4

Portage-39, Westfield-27

 

Round 2: Consolation Quarterfinal Round

Lowell-66, Munster-6

Valparaiso-52, Floyd Central-25

Lawrence North-47, -29

Southmont-68, Lake Station-18

 

Round 3: Round-Robin

(1st-4th Place Pool)

Cathedral-58, Franklin-5

Portage-52, Mishawaka-25

 

(5th-8th Place Pool)

Crown Point-55, SB Riley-21

Westfield-60, Calumet-15

 

(9th-12th Place Pool)

Lowell-38, Valparaiso-27

Lawrence North-49, Southmont-24

 

(13th-16th Place Pool)

Floyd Central-75, Munster-6

Culver Academy-42, Lake Station-30

 

Round 4: Round-Robin

(1st-4th Place Pool)

Cathedral-61, Mishawaka-9

Portage-49, Franklin-21

 

(5th-8th Place Pool)

SB Riley-54, Calumet-26

Crown Point-41, Westfield-25

 

(9th-12th Place Pool)

Lowell-34, Lawrence North-33

Southmont-40 Valparaiso-30

 

(13th-16th Place Pool)

Culver Academy-54, Munster-12

Floyd Central-66, Lake Station-12

 

Round 5: Round-Robin

(1st-4th Place Pool)

Cathedral-47, Portage-18

Franklin-40, Mishawaka-29

 

(5th-8th Place Pool)

Westfield-60, SB Riley-13

Crown Point-58, Calumet-21

 

(9th-12th Place Pool)

Southmont-51, Lowell-27

Lawrence North-42, Valparaiso-28

 

(13th-16th Place Pool)

Munster-41, Lake Station-36

Floyd Central-48, Culver Academy-36

 

 

TEAM PLACEMENT (RECORDS)

 

1.) Cathedral (5-0)

2.) Portage (4-1)

3.) Franklin (3-2)

4.) Mishawaka (2-3)

5.) Crown Point (4-1)

6.) Westfield (3-2)

7.) South Bend Riley (2-3)

8.) Calumet (1-4)

9.) Lawrence North (3-2) *TB (Most Points – 82)

10.) Southmont (3-2) (75)

11.) Lowell (3-2) (61)

12.) Valparaiso (1-4)

13.) Floyd Central (3-2)                                               

14.) Culver Academy (2-3)

15.) Munster (1-4)

16.) Lake Station (0-5)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Eagle2 said:

Ok, well your wrong. 1 kid had testing. Coaches found out the day before. 1 kid has a knee issue, one kid hurt his back during the week. 2 kids got a concussion this week & another kid had to take care of family things. Cant control these things. Cracks me up how grown adults get upset about these things. Indiana has more things to worry about than a teams seeding at an  in season tournament. Keep up the good work Jim. You can only go off the info you have @ the time. 

Don't flatter yourself, nobody is upset. I simply pointed out the lopsided seeding. It's unfortunate Jim did not have the most updated information when he constructed the bracket. Overall, another good day of wrestling in the Region. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.