IHSGW Girls State Championships

Ironbear

has IHSAA waived this weigh in or is this being run as an ISWA meet this year?  My girl is our Varsity 106lber and ran into the issue last year where she couldn't go because of season points and this event would put her over the 18 point min before sectionals making her ineligible.

10 hours ago, Ironbear said:

No they will still be charged 2pts for this tourney. No the ISWA doesn't run the tourney. 

2 points total or 2 for regional and 2 for state

54 minutes ago, Ironbear said:

Just 2 lbs total. They get the 2lbs just like the boys do Jan/ 01/ 2019.

no, I was referring to weigh in points.  Is it 2 per event or a total of 2 

17 hours ago, Holden said:

So, the girls register themselves on trackwrestling like an ISWA meet?  Also, I assume you just register for the one you are closest to (ie Greenfield would go to Franklin)?

Thanks

No have their coach go to ihsgw.net and register them. If their high school boys wrestle in the New Castle or Evansville Semi State then they wrestle in the south at Franklin Community High School. If their boys wrestler in the Ft Wayne or the East Chicago Semi State then they wrestle at Maconaquah High School in the north.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:25 AM, AJ said:

Once  registered, can a wrestler change weight classes and if so, how?

In past years they have been able to. If they are overweight they just move them up a weight class so as not to deny participation to any girl. I believe this was the case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.