10 years ago today....

Y2CJ41

1. The poster who had inside knowledge of the state brackets.

2. Nick Lee/Chad Red talk

3. If I remember right, the old site crashed during semi state week?? I was not happy. Then this site magically appeared a short time later. 

4. Seeing how this site has progressed and vastly improved through the years. It was a good site back in the day but it it's established as one of, if not the best, wrestling site on the planet. 

5. Rankings here have always been spot on. 

6. How spoiled and entitled Indiana wrestling fans are due to this site

7. How Mater Dei continues to be secretive and Indianamat fans still can't break the cult like secret results.

8. How Y2 went through a dictator phase and silenced the critics

9. The rise of Avon and Brownsburg wrestling 

10. The fall of DA REGION

Okay, I may have been reaching on some but having fun.

#1 favorite memory-  the high jinks following ANY comment by Caliboy.

#2 the Hobart coach who promoted—non stop—the prediction of freshman brendon black’s trek to state 

#3 the pros and cons discussion of Mishawaka’s Burger King crowns after their team state championship.  The board was less refined then; the rhetoric was, to say the least, spirited.

#4 2014- will Egli beat Paul Konrath for a regional title on a last-second reversal.  After 6 or 7 pages of second guessing, criticism of MD fans and call-outs, the moderators saw enough and shut down the topic.

#5 any post by BlueBolt

#6 I always liked the guys who worked to build their Indiana mat brand.  There was one cat who closed every post with “panther out!”  Others, like Lebron James, Isaiah thomas and Homey the Clown, would refer to themselves in the third person.

#7 anytime a poster regularly promotes a particular kid and is called out because it is his offspring.  The poster always denies and posits himself as an “impartial observer” or “merely a wrestling fan”

#8  a few years ago, in the ft Wayne area, a poster made some outrageous claims and statements.  A big pile-on followed.  One of the rebuttals cut the poster, and he challenged the dissenter to a wrestling match/fight.  He even described himself and named the place and time.

#9  shameless non-sequitor plugs.  For example, the topic will be very specific:  “who was the best from his feet, 145-pound state champion.”  A response will be: “my nephew was 126 pounds and finished 5th in the sectional. But next year, I really think he will make some noise”

the board really has become too sophisticated.  I remember the annual “top wrestling cliches” post.  

On the other hand, you have pistol pete.

Edited by hook and half

5 hours ago, navy80 said:

1. The poster who had inside knowledge of the state brackets.

2. Nick Lee/Chad Red talk

3. If I remember right, the old site crashed during semi state week?? I was not happy. Then this site magically appeared a short time later. 

4. Seeing how this site has progressed and vastly improved through the years. It was a good site back in the day but it it's established as one of, if not the best, wrestling site on the planet. 

5. Rankings here have always been spot on. 

6. How spoiled and entitled Indiana wrestling fans are due to this site

7. How Mater Dei continues to be secretive and Indianamat fans still can't break the cult like secret results.

8. How Y2 went through a dictator phase and silenced the critics

9. The rise of Avon and Brownsburg wrestling 

10. The fall of DA REGION

Okay, I may have been reaching on some but having fun.

The last three are not highlights even if they are true. Two of the three are true. Also Region Wrestling is awesome. 

2 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

Hey @Y2CJ41 I made gorilla radio last night for mentions of the committee. #geartime #800lbgorilla

this is an example of an inappropriate use of the "#"...........   on this site it should only be followed by "TheCounty"

On 12/2/2018 at 8:03 AM, Y2CJ41 said:

IndianaMat was born!

What is your favorite IndianaMat memory? If we share it and talk about it tonight on Gorilla Radio you'll be in the hunt for a little gear.

10 years? C'mon now, I remember bitchin' about having to take my 2yr old out of Conseco when it was -2deg outside between sessions.....that 2 year old turns 26 this year!?!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.