Not eating

jason

39 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Bingo.. and how you're doing it...I always encourage vitamins daily so you aren't totally going without and still have a calculated water intake. 

Not eating a thing. Dont you run out of glycogen? Low sugar..ect? Point being my son looked like  crap* middle of the 1st and on . Could barely finish his hi c. Looked REALLY. Weak.

Edited by jason
Lang

24 minutes ago, jason said:

Not eating a thing. Dont you run out of glycogen? Low sugar..ect? Point being my son looked like  crap* middle of the 1st and on . Could barely finish his hi c. Looked REALLY. Weak.

Yea bro I'm not a fan of not eating nothing... there's no good that comes out of malnourishment.. and honestly takes all the fun out of the sport  and is a dangerous facet if not properly performed.. my advice is to eat leaner and keep the junk away...I wrestled and fought professionally and the weight cutting is something I don't miss.. but there's proper and safe ways to be healthy and getting down to weight... self discipline(not questioning your son's)  coupled with proper exercise and eating regimen is key... meal prepping and proper liquid consumption make life a lot easier come weigh in.. just remember you get out of your body what you put into it.. good luck on the season!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

2 hours ago, jason said:

What are the negative effects of fasting for 24 hours leading up to weighin?

Man this is your second cryptic post on weight management. Just get it out there. Who’s doing what? It looks like you are involved in wrestling in one way or another for some time. You know what happens when people don’t eat. Just spill the beans bro! What’s ultimately your point? Get it off your chest. 

It’s wasn’t about the food for me.  It’s was the Liquid.  Descent breakfast on Friday, small lunch (fruit), then if I could sip a gatoraid Friday evening and not have to run 5mi Saturday was great.  Gradually cut back each day and make sure he can drink on Friday evening.  

2 hours ago, chinwhipper said:

It’s wasn’t about the food for me.  It’s was the Liquid.  Descent breakfast on Friday, small lunch (fruit), then if I could sip a gatoraid Friday evening and not have to run 5mi Saturday was great.  Gradually cut back each day and make sure he can drink on Friday evening.  

Yes proper fluid management was my main focus.. getting a good 4-6 oz before bed so I could sleep a better and hope I float a good pound or 2 in my sleep... therefore like you said I don't have to wake up and run lol

22 minutes ago, 84headhunter said:

no side effect, should be worried about effects at about 3 days of not eating

It does affect your motor skills before 3 days without though.... also your gastrointestinal track is lined with millions of nerve cells and it produces most of your serotonin... and therefore serotonin effects our moods and an empty belly means angry wrestler lol

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

21 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

It does affect your motor skills before 3 days without though.... also your gastrointestinal track is lined with millions of nerve cells and it produces most of your serotonin... and therefore serotonin effects our moods and an empty belly means angry wrestler lol

The Angrier the wrestler, the harder they go at practice. It's a win-win situation

As coaches, parents, and wrestlers, we need to educate each other on how to diet and manage weight in a healthy way. Each wrestler is different and will need an individualized plan. I think a lot of the times a kid isn’t eating for a day, it’s because the previous 3 or 4 days, they didn’t manage our weight in the correct way. I know it’s hard to maintain your diet every day, but if it’s done we can avoid seeing kids not each for a 24 hr period. 

2 hours ago, AlfredoCalderon said:

im pretty sure when they say Hi C i think they meant like a high scotch single, not the actual drink

High scotch single (really high, like 3 fingers high) is what I shall be consuming by the fire with AuntJanie tonite watching Bad Santa......High crotch single is what they meant...I think.

I love it when @Mattybgets all worked up about "cryptic-ness" and who posters are...or are not!

Good luck to everybody this year and good health..staying on topic, eating helps with that good health IMO.

Edited by UncleJimmy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.