Micic

Jcjcjc

Angel Escobedo got 5th in the world and was an NCAA champ. Andrew Howe was also an NCAA champ and was the 3rd or 4th best freestyle wrestler in the United States for several years but couldn't quite get over the hump against a guy named Jordan Burroughs. He would have medaled every year at Euros for about 5 years in his freestyle prime. I also think Humphrey would have medaled at the Euros about half the time over a 6 or 8-year period if he'd been eligible. 

I just mean to say I don't think Micic stands alone at the top of the mountain. However, he is unbelievable and an all-time great. Definitely hoping he can get the right kind of draw at worlds next year or in Olympic qualifiers so we can see him in Tokyo in 2020.

Edited by maligned

2 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

Are you literally looking for someone from Indiana who qualifies to wrestle for a country that would be at Euros and could place top 3?

I just realized who "jc" is. I was trying to figure out the joke myself. I get it now.

I'll bite...check out who came within a 6-6 loss of getting bronze at the Euro in 2014:

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 8.11.29 AM.png

1 hour ago, maligned said:

I just realized who "jc" is. I was trying to figure out the joke myself. I get it now.

I'll bite...check out who came within a 6-6 loss of getting bronze at the Euro in 2014:

And he didn't even win state (one of tune best matches ever vs mauer)..Dolly is up one as one of the best not to win it all.

13 hours ago, maligned said:

Bronze or bust...you almost had me...but this wasn't the double bronze era...maybe you win.

11 hours ago, Jcjcjc said:

Bronze or bust...you almost had me...but this wasn't the double bronze era...maybe you win.

It is actually the double bronze era (began way back in 2005, surprisingly). In the above results, Sadulaev and Gaidarov were gold/silver and Murtazaliev and Vereb were both bronze medalists.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2018 at 9:16 AM, maligned said:

It is actually the double bronze era (began way back in 2005, surprisingly). In the above results, Sadulaev and Gaidarov were gold/silver and Murtazaliev and Vereb were both bronze medalists.

Sadulaev...never heard of him. Is he any good?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.