Middle School State changes

AJ

this year it was moved to Carmel and next year the plan is Center Grove and after that TBD.  The great thing is it appears both facilities have ample room for FULL MATS for all bouts !!!

At this time I believe there is not a change in the weight classes but I will defer to the IHWCA to determine what they see as best.

• 2 weeks later...

Weight classes will be the same.  Obviously, this was an attempt to find a facility that is centralized and can host enough full surfaces for it to be completed in a reasonable amount of time.  The date change had two ideas behind it.  One was to see if this weekend would allow for more wrestlers, families, coaches to attend because we felt that semi state weekend had everyone spread out all in four corners of the state.  The other was to see how the weekend would work if we were to attempt a qualifying series for the tournament.  If we were to go to qualifiers, they will eventually be held on Sectional weekend and we'd move the finals back to semi state weekend.  I think changing the venue and the date will allow for the tournament to grow a little and accomplish our goal of finishing in a reasonable amount of time.  If not, we'll continue our discussions for implementing qualifiers.  

On 9/25/2018 at 2:30 PM, HighC said:

Weight classes will be the same.  Obviously, this was an attempt to find a facility that is centralized and can host enough full surfaces for it to be completed in a reasonable amount of time.  The date change had two ideas behind it.  One was to see if this weekend would allow for more wrestlers, families, coaches to attend because we felt that semi state weekend had everyone spread out all in four corners of the state.  The other was to see how the weekend would work if we were to attempt a qualifying series for the tournament.  If we were to go to qualifiers, they will eventually be held on Sectional weekend and we'd move the finals back to semi state weekend.  I think changing the venue and the date will allow for the tournament to grow a little and accomplish our goal of finishing in a reasonable amount of time.  If not, we'll continue our discussions for implementing qualifiers.  

How are the refs to apply to work this event?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.