Fargo List

Fabio Jr.

43 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I get that... trust me I have seen the Harvey twisters for years. I have a lot of respect for them and D Washington. I just thought that it was mandatory to wrestle for the state that you live in. Really did not mean to be directed at him (which it was and I apologize for that). I was meant a general question, I guess. I know that have had kids that go to school in Illinois, but wrestle for Indiana. Do those kids have a choice? 

DJ bought his card in August when he still lived in Illinois, moved to Portage in October. USA Wrestling is forcing him to wrestle for Illinois since that’s where his card was from.

48 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I get that... trust me I have seen the Harvey twisters for years. I have a lot of respect for them and D Washington. I just thought that it was mandatory to wrestle for the state that you live in. Really did not mean to be directed at him (which it was and I apologize for that). I was meant a general question, I guess. I know that have had kids that go to school in Illinois, but wrestle for Indiana. Do those kids have a choice? 

Not sure how it works now.  Many Indiana kids used to be in the Illinois club scene.  He might have moved back, guessing that he can do that as a likely adult.  A lot of his D1-level Twister teammates practice together and have for years.

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

What's opinions on parris vs cassioppi? I got Mason by 4

Both are high paced wrestlers, this could easily be a match with 30+ points put on the board with them trading takedowns and such.

Cassioppi is more of a high single and snap down type of guy. Parris likes low shots and misdirection. Cassioppi's freestyle experience is going to be interesting, but Parris has shown a little par terre ability in his first few matches. As far as styles they are very much the opposite in terms of their preferred attacks. 

This should be interesting as this was a match I really wanted for April 14th, but I'm glad we get to see it even in July.

Mason wins 16-10

24 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Both are high paced wrestlers, this could easily be a match with 30+ points put on the board with them trading takedowns and such.

Cassioppi is more of a high single and snap down type of guy. Parris likes low shots and misdirection. Cassioppi's freestyle experience is going to be interesting, but Parris has shown a little par terre ability in his first few matches. As far as styles they are very much the opposite in terms of their preferred attacks. 

This should be interesting as this was a match I really wanted for April 14th, but I'm glad we get to see it even in July.

Mason wins 16-10

Thanks for the low down.. I've seen videos of cassioppi and he's a tank.. Mason needs to send a message to his future big 10 foe and get that W.

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Cassioppi is a two-time IHPO champ and I saw him a couple weeks ago at Disney. I don't think he made it out of the first period at DIsney. He's going to Iowa for a reason, he'll be in the mix along with Mason, Gable, and Schultz for NCAA titles the next five years.

Man hw isn't at a shortage of bad dudes! Be so awesome if we get 3 Fargo jr champions.. anybody know the record for indiana at Jr level? 

We have NEVER had multiple Junior Freestyle champs. We have only had 10 Junior Freestyle champs ever. Just for reference they were: David Palmer, Jeff Pease, David McCubbins, Nathan Moore, Matt Coughlin, Andrew Howe, Cashe Quiroga, Jason Tsirtsis, Mitch Sliga, and Nick Lee.

We have had multiple Cadet Freestyle champs only three times
In 1993 with Chris "way cooler than Darrick" Snyder, James Leavell, and Tim Myers
In 2014 with CJ Red, Nick Lee, and Paul Konrath
In 2011 with Mitch Sliga and Stevan Micic

4 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Big debate on whether BLee move in the video I posted is legal, borderline or illegal? Any thoughts 

From my understanding it was outlawed in HS wrestling not FS..ppl are just butthurt that he mauled that kid. 

6 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

We have NEVER had multiple Junior Freestyle champs. We have only had 10 Junior Freestyle champs ever. Just for reference they were: David Palmer, Jeff Pease, David McCubbins, Nathan Moore, Matt Coughlin, Andrew Howe, Cashe Quiroga, Jason Tsirtsis, Mitch Sliga, and Nick Lee.

We have had multiple Cadet Freestyle champs only three times
In 1993 with Chris "way cooler than Darrick" Snyder, James Leavell, and Tim Myers
In 2014 with CJ Red, Nick Lee, and Paul Konrath
In 2011 with Mitch Sliga and Stevan Micic

Damn, fingers crossed that history is made!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That's awesome! I wonder what our Jr level AA total could be? 

Sitting in 6th right now but that’s mostly due having 3 still in championship.   It a few teams below us have more overall wrestlers still in.   Things will change once placements matches are set.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.