Possible Ohio State scandal with old wrestling coach

10 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

You're right when you say Helickson knew these guys,  but these guys knew Helickson too.     Helickson's problem is he let the Jeanie out of the bottle and you cant put it back when DiSabato got Helickson to admit on video about Strauss's sexual assault.   Everybody on here loves ripping Disabato, the guy is smart, and he smart to get that interview from Helickson to admit it before it the fan.    Helickson didn't forsee this coming back to haunt his buddy Jordan.  He was being honest at that point, but he also didn't think about his own personal ramification of him ignoring the situation    Know he's trying to make up for his mistake by trying to coerce the wresters to back off and recant, but the Jeanie's out.   Kind of naïve to think texts like this wouldn't get out to the public.  Helickson might have put himself in some legal trouble for obstructing an investigation.  At least Helickson still had enough loyalty to not turn his back and throw his former wrestlers under the bus just to protect his career like Jordan.   Again,  Jordan's strategy to attack the whistle blowers kind of is weak when 6 more wrestlers have stepped up and said he knew this.   

Good grief, Helickson never said "sexual assault".  Disabato is dumb as a box or rocks - look at his business history and scams. He worked for a company where he took licensing deals that were supposed to be in the name of his employer, and put them in the name of his own side company. He is a crook.

Yetts is even a bigger crook - a felon who scammed is own friends and partners out of millions and went to PMItA Prison. Prior to going to Ohio State he was in trouble for locker room thefts while he was on the football team there. 

This statement is not obstructing; he knows Yetts is a scumbag, and reminds him he has the honor & ability to tell the truth.   “If you think the story got told wrong about Jim, you could probably write a statement for release that tells your story and corrects what you feel bad about. I can put you in contact with someone who would release it.”

8 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

Jordan and his team of people digging up dirt on Yetts were probably behind this to take the heat off him.  Stay woke.

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

It is weird that OSU  is getting all this negative exposure at the same time.  But still based on the timeline and locations and people involved,  they just are not really related. I also don't think it helps Jordan seeing high profile coaches like Meyer getting slammed for neglecting abuse.  I think in perception of the public,  it just demonstrates how susceptible some people can be in not covering various types of abuse.

48 minutes ago, doctorWrestling said:

So not a full retraction... basically "I mean he should have known because we talked about it in the locker room but I am not sure if anybody directly told him..." 

1 hour ago, doctorWrestling said:

Yes,  see the texts from Helickson trying to get guys to change there stories.  Looks like to me somebody got to him.

2 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Yes,  see the texts from Helickson trying to get guys to change there stories.  Looks like to me somebody got to him.

You could assume that, but if you read the article Coleman says "This has absorbed my life. Since I've said that, it's consumed me 24 hours a day, and I didn't like the way it was heading, the direction it was heading."   

To me, that doesn't sound like someone got to him.  That sounds like he knows he messed up when he made the first statement and he knew it.  I think you either believe Coleman or you don't.  I can't see believing his first statement but not this one because Helickson texted a convicted felon to see if they wanted to clarify their statement.

• 2 weeks later...

Former Ohio State wrester Michael Rodriguez was on last week's "The Inside Trip" podcast and discussed his time there.  He was one of the wrestlers who was interviewed for the NY Times article.  I am not 100% done listening to it, but nearly done.  It is definitely worth listening to if you are interested in this discussion.  While it is hard to believe what was going on there, it is very easy to believe once you hear him explain the situation that existed at that time and how 18 year old kids just don't know it isn't normal.  I think its safe to say he didn't like that it was turned into a way to attack Jordan even though he said he strongly disagrees with Jordan's politics.  I am sure everyone can hear what they want to hear, but that's what I took from it.  Hopefully kids are more aware of predators at universities now a days.

Edited by doctorWrestling
correction

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.