Flo wrestling Class of 2022 Board

Thor

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Andrew Donahue - 3 says Culver Military, never heard of him before. Where’d he come from?

If I’m thinking of the right kid he’s an Ohio stud that had spent a lot of time training with Miron.   It had been rumored to be going to Culver next year. He would be getting a great training partner in Bryant, another OH transfer.

Edited by MattM

6 minutes ago, navy80 said:

What weight is Donahue? To be ranked 3rd and ahead of Mendez, he must be a stud and potential 4Xer

Flo has him at 152, but I can't find much about him. I did find a list on a forum of someone's top Ohio middle school wrestlers, Bryant was first, Donahue second,and Eli Pack eight, all going to Culver. 

On 7/2/2018 at 10:47 PM, MattM said:

If I’m thinking of the right kid he’s an Ohio stud that had spent a lot of time training with Miron.   It had been rumored to be going to Culver next year. He would be getting a great training partner in Bryant, another OH transfer.

I am also hearing that Brennen Cernus is going to Culver as well.  He will be tough to beat at 106 if he is a full sized 106.  I added some of his stats on the youth forum top 25 list. 

Love the Buzz about the CMA Wrestling program!! Teams have no clue what’s about to hit them. You add 3 of the top incoming freshman & a top Ohio Junior along with a top Indiana kid to what they have coming back it’s a GREAT TIME TO BE A EAGLE!!

42 minutes ago, Eagle2 said:

Love the Buzz about the CMA Wrestling program!! Teams have no clue what’s about to hit them. You add 3 of the top incoming freshman & a top Ohio Junior along with a top Indiana kid to what they have coming back it’s a GREAT TIME TO BE A EAGLE!!

Who all is coming to Culver?

Edited by Thor

• 3 weeks later...

3 Ohio transfers/new enrollees? Begs to question who is footing the $52k/annual tuition bill for all these kids at Culver? I know there has been a gold rush in Ohio with Governor Kasich, but just wondering how three plus rasslin’ families are handling the $200k high school tuition commitment. Hard enough getting kids to Indy P/Ps for 1/4 of that. 

7 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

3 Ohio transfers/new enrollees? Begs to question who is footing the $52k/annual tuition bill for all these kids at Culver? I know there has been a gold rush in Ohio with Governor Kasich, but just wondering how three plus rasslin’ families are handling the $200k high school tuition commitment. Hard enough getting kids to Indy P/Ps for 1/4 of that. 

No difference then any P/Ps that have sponsors, boosters, financial  aid, and vouchers paying for kids tuition. I’m just suprised it took them so long. If they did it right they could be a Blair. 

4 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Blair ain’t no $52k. But, no different than open enrollment in Indiana either. Pick yo spot, Matty B.

You are right. Blair is $62,000 a year that includes room and board. 

10 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Blair ain’t no $52k. But, no different than open enrollment in Indiana either. Pick yo spot, Matty B.

Hey.... I have a middle schooler (10x ISWA state champ). If someone is willing to give him a $52,000 a year education... I would be open to listening. "Pick your spot".... that's what I've been saying all along. If an opportunity is there and the parents think it is best for a kid..... then go for it. Even better if they get to wrestle for a good team. Even more better if they get a discount!!! I have absolutely no issue with kids getting opportunities because of their talents in athletics. I hope that every wrestler in the state gets the best education possible. If wrestling helps to get them that.. then good for them.  

I just agree with Lewis. Just don't see much of a difference between P/Ps and Culver. With that said... do what you all want. I have one winding down a wrestling high school career and one that's going to start one in a couple years. I have seen kids switch schools, drive hours to get to private schools, parents get legally separated, people getting apartments in other towns, etc... etc... The parents clearly thought that they were doing what was right for their kids. Nobody can never knock a parent for TRYING to do what is best for their kids.  

Edited by Mattyb

12 hours ago, lewdwar said:

No difference then any P/Ps that have sponsors, boosters, financial  aid, and vouchers paying for kids tuition. I’m just suprised it took them so long. If they did it right they could be a Blair. 

If they want to get to the Blair level they will need to disassociate with the IHSAA and go National Preps. That way they basically have no rules and can go to events like Ironman, Beast, Cheesehead, etc. If they could do that, they could easily become the Blair of the midwest. The education at CMA is top notch and add to it the dream of being able to wrestle at those types of events for Indiana or Michigan kids and you could have the making of something very special. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.