Cadet National Duals

Juggernaut

Indiana Cadet Greco team went 2-2 today in pool A.  Loss to Illinois 58-22. Win over Texas 43-33.  Win over New Jersey 41-39.  Loss to Minnesota storm blue 44-34. Team Indiana advances to the Bronze/Copper pool tomorrow & takes on Wisconsin, Washington blue, & Oregon blue , then the placement match. Good luck & keep at it. 

3 hours ago, Mattyb said:

In Greco mind you. Would not read too much into this loss. 

Agree, Illinois does a lot of Greco, we mearly dabble in it. My son wrestled his first Greco match of this year yesterday at the duals.  He went for freestyle but we have no one for Greco at his weight so he’s wrestling both.  More mat time is always a good thing. And ill take Jesse over Fabian in folkstyle every time. 

11 hours ago, navy80 said:

Mendez lost 0-10 to Fabian Lopez, Illinois HS State Champ.

Fabian is not just an Illinois state champ and runner up, he was also a Fargo finalist in Greco as a first year cadet in the same weight class last year.  The match had a 4 point move for Jesse wiped away and 4 points worth of caution points for locking fingers in it... having said that I still think Fabian is a better Greco wrestler then Jesse.  Hopefully Jesse gets a shot at him in the next 2 days in freestyle.  

4 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Agree, Illinois does a lot of Greco, we mearly dabble in it. My son wrestled his first Greco match of this year yesterday at the duals.  He went for freestyle but we have no one for Greco at his weight so he’s wrestling both.  More mat time is always a good thing. And ill take Jesse over Fabian in folkstyle every time. 

If those were Bryer's first matches in Greco then he has a bright future in it if he gets some more training.  Indiana looked great wrestling a style that they don't train much.  Looking forward to watching the boys compete the next few days in freestyle.

11 hours ago, Sig40 said:

Fabian is not just an Illinois state champ and runner up, he was also a Fargo finalist in Greco as a first year cadet in the same weight class last year.  The match had a 4 point move for Jesse wiped away and 4 points worth of caution points for locking fingers in it... having said that I still think Fabian is a better Greco wrestler then Jesse.  Hopefully Jesse gets a shot at him in the next 2 days in freestyle.  

If those were Bryer's first matches in Greco then he has a bright future in it if he gets some more training.  Indiana looked great wrestling a style that they don't train much.  Looking forward to watching the boys compete the next few days in freestyle.

Thanks. Bryer wrestled Greco last year but not this year. His focus was on freestyle so we just concentrated on that in between the folkstyle tournaments. This was just his first time competing in Greco since last year. Sorry my wording wasn’t as clear as it sounded in my head. 

13 hours ago, Sig40 said:

ah yeah I was thinking it was a freestyle match! Hope they meet again.. Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.