Elkhart Memorial & Elkhart Central Merger

What year is the merger taking effect?

How will the prior year be handled in terms of state qualification? Will the schools combine points. This year Central was 118 and Memorial was 78. Their total of 196 would've tied for 12th with Carmel and within striking distance of state.  What if two studs are in the same weight class, will both scores be counted?

20 hours ago, BClark said:

What year is the merger taking effect?

How will the prior year be handled in terms of state qualification? Will the schools combine points. This year Central was 118 and Memorial was 78. Their total of 196 would've tied for 12th with Carmel and within striking distance of state.  What if two studs are in the same weight class, will both scores be counted?

I believe the sports merger happens in the next 2 years and the teams will combine. So if there's 2 people at the same weight a wrestle off is a must. 

19 hours ago, Tubbyscambler said:

I believe the sports merger happens in the next 2 years and the teams will combine. So if there's 2 people at the same weight a wrestle off is a must. 

I'm aware of how a team handles two guys in the same weight class.  What I was asking is how will those scores be counted in qualification process the year prior to the merger.

1 hour ago, BClark said:

I'm aware of how a team handles two guys in the same weight class.  What I was asking is how will those scores be counted in qualification process the year prior to the merger.

Take the average of the two...

I heard Y2 was going to be coaching this team so he could compete with Penn on a regular basis. I also heard the superintendent promised, if he signed on, to turn North Side Gym into a wrestling only facility for training and competition. Just rumors though.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.