UWW World Team Trials Friday/Saturday

Y2CJ41

Nick Lee will have Parker Filius from Purdue. his half of the bracket is ROUGH

Brayton Lee will have Will Lewan from IL in the qrts. Could have a rematch with Berge in the semis

Jacob Covaciu will have Beau Breske Jake not the favorite here but its a hell of a bracket

Lucas Davison will have Danny Salas from i believe Lehigh? (Valley RTC) If he wins he would have a rematch with John Borst

3 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Nick and Brayton both win

Nick is in the quarter finals now in a Fargo final rematch with Kanan Storr

Brayton is in the semi-finals against Brady Berge a rematch from Vegas.

You beat me to it.  Berge hasn't wrestled his quarterfinal yet, but is the likely Brayton foe

Nice, Nick makes quick work of Storr, 10-0 in 1st period.  Will face Iowa's Max Murin in the semifinals. Murin beat Sammy Sasson 11-7

Berge holds serve 12-1 and will face Brayton.  Lee lost to Berge 10-0 at the US Open.

Covaciu fell 10-0 to Beau Breske

Edited by SWINfan
Added scores

Nick wins 7-4 and Brayton falls to Brady Berge 5-1.

Nick will face Andrew Alirez in the Final.  Alirez is a Colorado HS Junior who is a 3X 4A State Championship and will wrestle at Northern Colorado.  If he wins the Challenge Tournament, he'll face former Ohio State Champ (D-I at 145) and Oklahoma red shirt in a best of 3 for the spot on the Junior World Team.

Edited by SWINfan

24 minutes ago, MattM said:

Having a solid leg lace transition off a takedown is a very deadly thing.  

65 kg challenge finals Alirez over Lee
Best of three finals- Alirez vs. Demas

65 kg had one of the most unexpected results of the tournament as high school junior Andrew Alirez took out Penn State All-American Nick Lee, 10-0. Alirez scored quickly, converting a single-leg takedown directly into a leg lace, which eventually ended the match. Alirez will have Dom Demas in the best of three finals. The two did not meet at the U.S. Open.

When asked about wrestling college All-Americans as a high school junior, Alirez replied:

I have a pretty brutal mentality. When I go in I think when you catch somebody in the street you don’t get to pick their age and weight, so I just go out there and fight and see how it goes.”

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.