Las Vegas- Seniors. Juniors, Veterans, etc

Y2CJ41

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes. Why so defensive when Mason is given such high praise. To even be talked about when the name Gable comes up should be an honor. This isn't the first time that this hypothetical match has been talked about. Now we all know it's not gonna happen cause of weight differences but it's fun to put the best vs best scenarios together a time or 2. 

My brakes are fine.  It's not what was said, I think Gable is one of top high school wrestlers of all time.  If you would have said the same comment I would not have a reply, I don't know you.  Fabio has had some digs on Mason in the past,  I think if you know someone on a personal level you shouldn't take shots at them.  I would never say Brayton is not on the level with someone.  Called respect!!!

3 hours ago, maligned said:

Now we all know it's not definitely gonna happen cause of weight differences they're both going to be beasts at the same weight for the next 4-6 years. 

It's just a matter of time, so hopefully we can all just be patient to find out the truth. ?

True at the next level. I was talking in the present. This has been a discussion many times this year. Gonna have to transfer to the collegiate board now. 

2 hours ago, parris58 said:

My brakes are fine.  It's not what was said, I think Gable is one of top high school wrestlers of all time.  If you would have said the same comment I would not have a reply, I don't know you.  Fabio has had some digs on Mason in the past,  I think if you know someone on a personal level you shouldn't take shots at them.  I would never say Brayton is not on the level with someone.  Called respect!!!

It would disappear as fast as it showed up on screen. 

4 hours ago, parris58 said:

I have nothing but respect for Mason, Mark. I was trying to make that apprent. Dudes better than I have ever hoped to be. When you talk matchups someone wins and someone loses. I'm sincerely sorry if I offended you or Mason wasn't my intention. I'm big enough to sign my name when I post stuff for those reason I'm not trying to hide or take jabs.

The wolverines got a blue chipper and there is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the podium during his career. 

What ifs are just that, speculation. I'd be more than humble and happy to be proven wrong . 

Best of luck to Mason in the coming years he is one of the best all around athletes in the state. 

And Again I sincerely apologise if I rubbed you guys the wrong way. 

19 hours ago, MattM said:

Top guys from US Open qualify for the World Team Trials event   And in most cases are seeded in that order for the event.  

At the Junior and Cadet levels they may still doing it the old way I’m not sure.  But on the Senior level they will have the new Final X series to determine the World Championship spot   

In a none World Medalist weight class the winner of the US Open will automatically advanced to the Final X series.  That person will await the winner of the World Team Trials in desperate best of 3 match event to determine the World Team spot.  

At a weight class where a returning World Medalist exists that medalist already advanced to the desperate Final X best of 3 series.  In that senecio the winner of the US Open will just advanced to the end of the World Team Trials.   There they will face the WTT challlenge tournament winner for the other Final X spot.  

The idea of the Final X was to one give a seperate event that further highlights the final match to make the World Team.  And two to give the finalist a chance to recover and give their best possible match to make the World Team.  In the past the tired and banged up winner of the WTT tournament would have to turn around that same day face a fresh previous World Medalist for the spot. To keep the reward of winning a world medal there rather than them being in the tournament too, Final X was created to help even the playing field for World Team Trials winner.  Although the US Open winner still has that rest advantage over the trials tournament winner. 

Final X info

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/January/16/USA-Wrestling-and-Flo-Sports-announce-Final-X

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6084925-2018-final-x

Any idea on why three different dates/locations for Final X? Would be fun to be able to go to one site and see all of the big dogs at once.  

4 minutes ago, BClark said:

Any idea on why three different dates/locations for Final X? Would be fun to be able to go to one site and see all of the big dogs at once.  

I think the idea they are pushing out is that by spreading out the event in hopes of promoting the sport and the finalist over a longer period of time and in more wrestling hotspots.   The behind the scenes answer is likey if thry can hype the event correctly thry will end up making at least twice as much money from three separate events (really 4 if you count WTT) as what they were previously making with the single day competitor.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.