Las Vegas- Seniors. Juniors, Veterans, etc

Y2CJ41

Trying to put together a list and it's not fun nor easy to go through each division and each weight class.

Link to brackets
https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/586a5daf-a661-b0e9-d1a3-24e74c3a0357

Senior Freestyle
61kg Brandon Wright
61kg Jon Morrison(originally from Munster)
61kg AJ Schoop(Purdue assistant)
70kg Gralan Early
70kg Deondre Wilson
79kg Ben Harvey
79kg Shabaka Johns
97kg Braden Atwood
125kg Gable Steveson(Formerly from Indiana)
125kg Shawn Streck

Senior Greco-Roman
None?

Senior Women's
53kg Sarah Hildebradt
62kg Kayla Miracle

Junior Freestyle
57kg Christian Sharp
61kg Kyle Luigs
61kg Michael Delapena
61kg Paul Konrath
65kg Alec White
65kg Breyden Bailey
70kg Brayton Lee
70kg Steven BAM Lawrence
74kg Brett Johnson
74kg Cael McCormick
79kg Jacob Covaciu
86kg Noah Cressel
92kg Lucas Davison
92kg Gunnar Larson
125kg Ethan Bunce

Junior Greco-Roman
130kg Ethan Bunce

Masters(Old guys)
Freestyle Masters A 70kg Gralan Early- 2nd
Freestyle Masters B 70kg Jordin Humphrey- 1st

3 hours ago, doctorWrestling said:

It appears Micic isn't entered.  I think I have seen where he can wrestle for another another country.  Anyone know if that is what he intends to do this year?

I believe he is eligible to wrestle for Serbia if he chooses based on being the son of a Serbian citizen.  But once he competes under that nation at a Senior event he won’t be able to jump back to the US for future competitions, without applying and getting approve to transfer  to another nation.  And I believe that’s a one time only transfer.  

By representing Serbia he could gain more senior level international experience sooner and possibly get a stronger backing from their counties athletic program as one of the few international wrestlers they would have.  

On the other hand he wouldn’t be able to represent the US anytime soon.  Nor would be eligible for any USAW based financial assistance, OTC senior level training camps, get an invite by USA wrestling to their international events, or have as much support from USA if something occurs during international travel or at the events.   He would still have full reign of the Michigan RTC still and could still get invited to attend OTC practices as a guest nation.  As well hopefully a USAW rep, due to the connection, would try to help him out if he was ever caught in a jam during international travel.   

Definitely a plus to get on the Senior Circuit quicker, but hopefully if he’s going the Serbia right they have their ducks in a row to provide the backing and support needed during the competitions. 

Surprised to not see Nick & Joe Lee registered.  Matt Lee is registered for the Western Regional so it would make sense for the whole family to be there as there can't be many opportunities for all three to wrestle in the same city at the same time.  

Edited by SWINfan

14 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Trying to put together a list and it's not fun nor easy to go through each division and each weight class.

Link to brackets
https://arena.flowrestling.org/event/586a5daf-a661-b0e9-d1a3-24e74c3a0357

Senior Freestyle
61kg Brandon Wright
61kg Jon Morrison(originally from Munster)
61kg AJ Schoop(Purdue assistant)
70kg Gralan Early
70kg Deondre Wilson
79kg Ben Harvey
125kg Gable Steveson(Formerly from Indiana)
125kg Shawn Streck

Senior Greco-Roman
None?

Senior Women's
53kg Sarah Hildebradt
62kg Kayla Miracle

Junior Freestyle
57kg Christian Sharp
61kg Kyle Luigs
61kg Michael Delapena
61kg Paul Konrath
65kg Alec White
65kg Breyden Bailey
70kg Brayton Lee
74kg Brett Johnson
79kg Jacob Covaciu
86kg Noah Cressel
92kg Lucas Davison
92kg Gunnar Larson
125kg Ethan Bunce

Junior Greco-Roman
130kg Ethan Bunce

Masters(Old guys)
Freestyle Masters A 70kg Gralan Early
Freestyle Masters B 70kg Jordin Humphrey

McCormick and Atwood entered as well 

11 hours ago, MattM said:

I believe he is eligible to wrestle for Serbia if he chooses based on being the son of a Serbian citizen.  But once he competes under that nation at a Senior event he won’t be able to jump back to the US for future competitions, without applying and getting approve to transfer  to another nation.  And I believe that’s a one time only transfer.  

By representing Serbia he could gain more senior level international experience sooner and possibly get a stronger backing from their counties athletic program as one of the few international wrestlers they would have.  

On the other hand he wouldn’t be able to represent the US anytime soon.  Nor would be eligible for any USAW based financial assistance, OTC senior level training camps, get an invite by USA wrestling to their international events, or have as much support from USA if something occurs during international travel or at the events.   He would still have full reign of the Michigan RTC still and could still get invited to attend OTC practices as a guest nation.  As well hopefully a USAW rep, due to the connection, would try to help him out if he was ever caught in a jam during international travel.   

Definitely a plus to get on the Senior Circuit quicker, but hopefully if he’s going the Serbia right they have their ducks in a row to provide the backing and support needed during the competitions. 

It may actually be a money maker for the Michigan RTC.  According to the Real Sports episode they did about the OTC in Colorado, more foreign athletes train there than American athletes and they charge the other countries to train there.  Maybe Michigan RTC gets money from Serbia for having him in their program.  Doesn't matter to me who he competes for, I love watching him wrestle and will be pulling for him.  One of my absolute favorites to watch.

Trying to watch this Greco... it’s a little tough to watch. Fun matches are few and far between. Women’s freestyle is solid. With this said.... looking forward to junior and senior freestyle! 

Nicky Dubs.... where’s the updates? 

Edited by Mattyb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.