Awesome job

lewdwar

Great job by Joe Caprino and Indianamat. It’s fun watching all the Indiana fans come together. Big shoutout to the heckler in the Camouflage.  Great job by the referees. That is how stalemates and stalling is supposed to be called. I hope other officials watched and learned. 

I don’t agree with the second stalling on Brayton. He wasn’t backing up, was still in stance, and Teemer was not even attempting to get him out of position at the time it was called. It just seemed like an excuse to have the match not decided by Teemer’s stalling points. Brayton clearly pushed he pace for a majority of the match.

That said, I agree that as a whole the meet was reffed very well. 

Lots of talk on Twitter from the Flo minds about the stall calls. Jim Russell is in the conversation for Flo's Wrestler of the Week.

I brought in Jim and Eric McGill for good reason and they did a great job. 

Indiana wrestling showed up tonight and on as big of a stage as ever showed the country that we aren't a basketball state. I'm still on a high from everything that went on tonight. Ty Mills PINNING the #1 guy, Brayton's match, Mason just doing Mason things, Davison just smothering his guy, and on top of that our other guys battled hard. I can promise you if those USA guys see our guys again they will now know it will be a war.

Thanks to everyone that came and supported the kids. As was stated above, it was awesome to see us all cheering for the same kids.

Tonight will be talked about for a long time because the Indiana wrestling community is flat out awesome.

7 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

The officials did a great job. 2 of the best in Indiana. 

It's a shame though only one of them is State "Eligible".  

Oh, and an absolute fantastic job by Joe Caprino and everyone involved in putting this event together.  

Edited by XCard

10 hours ago, Caleb Spires said:

I don’t agree with the second stalling on Brayton. He wasn’t backing up, was still in stance, and Teemer was not even attempting to get him out of position at the time it was called. It just seemed like an excuse to have the match not decided by Teemer’s stalling points. Brayton clearly pushed he pace for a majority of the match.

That said, I agree that as a whole the meet was reffed very well. 

With this said... not a single person (including B Lee) wanted him to win on a stall call. They toed the line and B Lee brought the house down! That last stall call was needed to leave no doubts. B Lee is the man!!! 

Edited by Mattyb

33 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

With this said... not a single person (including B Lee) wanted him to win on a stall call. They toed the line and B Lee brought the house down! That last stall call was needed to leave no doubts. B Lee is the man!!! 

Im sure Lee didn't want to win on account of stall calls. However, if the official called the late stall on lee just to force ot, then that's bad officiating. He's got to have enough confidence in his calls to not make an erroneous one to make up for it. 

5 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Im sure Lee didn't want to win on account of stall calls. However, if the official called the late stall on lee just to force ot, then that's bad officiating. He's got to have enough confidence in his calls to not make an erroneous one to make up for it. 

I completely understand your point and as a baseball umpire and a basketball referee for over 12 years I do not believe in " make up" calls. HOWEVER this is the DREAM TEAM MAIN EVENT and it's not like whoever loses does not win the Olympic gold?. Any time anybody gets to see these two studs wrestle even 10 seconds longer(which was about what it took) it is always a bonus.now that being said I did not get to see this call. From what almost every one of the people I've talked to that saw it either said it was the correct call or that they didn't have a problem with the call and they can see why it was called. Now after hearing that, I don't have a problem with the call and the only way I would have a problem is if it was flat out a terrible call and most agreed. But in my opinion that doesn't mean too much, if it's a 1 point match in the main event (or pretty much any match)of the dream team event  and I have a questionable call that in my head I know I should call to send it to overtime(let's be real here obviously he never thought in all of his scenarios leading up to this event that he'd be calling Brayton Lee with any stall call. So I'd say for sure he had it in his head that he was trying to  stall) then it needs to be called rather than dealing with all of the people saying he should have been called for stalling but the ref had no Kahuna's to do it to the hometown boy and one of the faces of Indiana wrestling. I'm sure if the situation was reversed then heda hit teemer with the same stall call and the most important thing for any official is to be fair and call it down the middle. I'd never want an official to make a bogus call just to send a match into overtime no matter what event or meet it is. I do have alot of respect and trust in the guys that I've talked to about it and I'd have to say that most agreed that stalling definitely needed to be called on Lee in this situation. When I think about things like this I try to think about what would be said if Brayton lost in overtime about this call. I honestly have no ideas about this one lol. But thankfully we don't have to. Congratulations Brayton you are the all around best wrestler I've ever seen in Indiana not just because of your unbelievable skills but because of your personality and likeability. I don't know anyone that doesn't like you outside of the troll that was wanting you to lose because he was mad at Joe Caprino. Just rediculous. Good luck in the future.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.