P4P king of ‘19

Jayruss

1 hour ago, BClark said:

Criteria? Multiple state titles? National accolades?

Other candidates? 

Moran

Curtis

Pokorney

How high up a P4P list is Mendez? 

HS Only Credits 

Garcia 

2x IHSAA State Champion, 3rd 

2018 Flo Nationals AA 

2017 Super 32 AA 

2017 Brecksville Holiday Inv. Runner up 

2016 NHSCA Nationals AA  

Curtis 

2x IHSAA State Champion 

Not sure on HS National Accomplishments  

Moran 

2018 State Champion, SP 

2018 NHSCA National Champion 

2x NHSCA Nationals AA 

2017 Fargo AA ? I believe he did 

Pokerney 

2018 State Champion, SP 

2017 Fargo Champion 

not sure on rest of his National accomplishments . 

Mendez 8th Grader 

2018 Flo Nationals AA (HS Division) 

6 hours ago, Sig40 said:

Mendez 8th Grader

2018 FloNationals 3rd (HS)

2018 USA Cadet National Runner Up

2017 IHPO Champ 

2016 Grappler Champ (HS)

2017 Grappler Runner Up (HS)

Very impressive. To add to this, he beat state champ Moran and a young stud from BB. Jesse gonna be a handful for anyone. 

10 hours ago, Sig40 said:

Mendez 8th Grader

2018 FloNationals 3rd (HS)

2018 USA Cadet National Runner Up

2017 IHPO Champ 

2016 Grappler Champ (HS)

2017 Grappler Runner Up (HS)

The amount of seniors that would jump all over the opportunity to switch resumés...

Jesse will be 120 or 126 depending on how much muscle he can put on this summer. After the past 2 weekends it is clear that lifting needs to be a priority. 

I agree with MattyB that neither Jesse or Asa would avoid each other if given a chance. 

Edited by Sig40

Asa wrestled in a weight class where he beat two former state champs....and wrestled the always tough Ty Mills several times over the years. Kid doesn't run from anyone.

Mendez has to travel the country to find someone who can beat him. Kid is on Red, Lee, Lee, Lee, Parris, Tsritsis, etc's level. Kid doesnt run from anyone

Next year's champions

113 Moran

120 Curtis

126 Mendez

132 Garcia

138 Rooks

STUDS and all multiple time champions

Going to have to throw in a healthy Center Grove Jr. Brayden Littell at 120-126 in the mix . He’ll have something to prove this coming year. He’ll be back with a vengeance. 

Pistol here at Purdue RTC today you got all sorts of Indiana, Illinois from all over the State here battling it out . Some hammers from schools here getting it in are 2 from Chesterton, couple Zionsville, 6 from Avon . 2 from Mt Carmel, Illinois , 3 from Marion Catholic, Illinois. Great stuff, Getting Better ! 

Wooooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

1 hour ago, Fabio Jr. said:

I think pound 4 pound and Mr gorilla favorite has to be Asa...that's kid has wrestled everywhere and had good showings I think all he is missing is a Fargo AA 

He’s going to Fargo this year. He has a goal to AA at NHSCA, Flo, Super 32 and Fargo. If he sets his mind on something... it typically happens! 

52 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

I think pound 4 pound and Mr gorilla favorite has to be Asa...that's kid has wrestled everywhere and had good showings I think all he is missing is a Fargo AA 

I believe Moran is right up there too. 

Interested to see how kids grow and what weight classes end up looking like.  Some guys are grinders and will just pick a weight they feel good at regardless of competition, others will duck and cover for an 'easy road' to look for a title.  The most interesting weights seem to be in the 132-152 range. Below this there are usually lots of underclassmen in the placings and above 152 the underclassmen are fewer.  But in the middle there seem to be some packed weights and some with seniors creating 'vacancies'.

132# 5 returning state placers: 2,3,4,7,8

138# only 2 returning state placers: 5,7

145# 5 returning state placers: 1,3,5,7,8

152# only 3 returning state placers: 2,5(only loss to B. Lee, tough draw),6

Interested in peoples thoughts about how the 'vacancies' @ 138 and 152 might effect guys moving up vs staying where they were this year.  Who are the top guys in these weights to watch for?  Incoming freshman that could be in the mix?

On 4/14/2018 at 9:04 PM, Mattyb said:

Garcia is way bigger.

Didn't they wrestle 113 and 120 @ Flo Nationals?  So basically 120 and 126 lb weight classes.  Depending on growth/weight cuts I don't see an adjacent weight class as 'way bigger'.

Edited by .02

56 minutes ago, .02 said:

Didn't they wrestle 113 and 120 @ Flo Nationals?  So basically 120 and 126 lb weight classes.  Depending on growth/weight cuts I don't see an adjacent weight class as 'way bigger'.

I would say “Way Bigger” would be a better term for it . Just go through the Brownsburg RWO Topic and take a look at picture that Coach Synder posted and comeback here tell us what you think ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.