RIP Jim Beeson

RIP Jim. 

He was such a great mentor to so many young officials, he wasn't about letting you know how much more he knew but about helping you get better. When I first started officiating, I would watch him every chance I could, the way he communicated with wrestlers and coaches, his position on the mat, anything I could pick up to make me better. He was one of the best. Will be missed, but his imprint will live on through  many, many officials throughout Indiana. 

Jim preached that you officiate every match the same regardless if it was a state championship match or a CYO 2nd grade match.  One state finals he came off the mat after doing a really exciting championship match and turned to me and said "See just like a CYO match".  Jim never missed an opportunity to teach an official something to help them get better.  Randal you hit the nail on the head that his imprint will live on through other officials.  Rest In Peace, Jim.

I met Jim when I first began officiating in 2000.  I considered him one of my mentors when I began officiating.  He was a great official.  He was, also, a wonderful man.  RIP Jim. :(

James W. Beeson

Flat Rock - James W. (Jim) Beeson, of Flat Rock, formerly of Beech Grove, died Easter Sunday April 1, 2018 at dawn. Jim was a member of Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Edinburgh, Indiana and formerly of Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in Beech Grove. Jim was born November 8, 1946 in Beech Grove to George and Pauline Beeson who preceded him in death. His wife Kathleen (Kay) Beeson, daughter Anne M. (Ned) Endris, his three infant siblings Katherine A. Beeson, Geoffrey A. Beeson, George P. Beeson, and adult brother Charles M. Beeson also preceded him in death. Jim and his beloved wife Kay were married on December 30, 1966 at St. James Catholic Church. This loving marriage of 51 years produced 15 children. He is survived by his brother Richard J. (Dick) Beeson, children Gregory (Julie) Beeson, Joseph Beeson, Michael (Cara) Beeson, Mary (Mark) Schober, Patrick Beeson, Phillip Beeson, Bernadette Ball, Rita (Chad) Stuck, Lucia (Phil) Garber, Thomas (Heather) Beeson, John Paul Beeson, David (Katelyn) Beeson, Stephen Beeson, Dominic (Kaylyn) Beeson. He is also survived by 38 grandchildren with one on the way.

Jim had a deep faith that sustained and nurtured him throughout his life. He loved his wife, children, and grandchildren deeply with his huge heart and humorous personality. He loved to tell stories over the years to his children, grandchildren, family and friends. He worked for ATT formerly Indiana Bell for 38 years. He served honorably in the U.S. Army Signal Corp from 1966 to 1969. He spent many years officiating wrestling and football and was inducted into the IHSAA Hall of Fame with his brother Dick. He lived his retirement years in peace with his wife Kay on his river home surrounded constantly by children and grandchildren.

Visitation will be held Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at the Daniel F. O'Riley Funeral Home, 6107 S. East St. (US Hwy 31 South) from 2:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. A Mass of Christian Burial will be at Holy Name Catholic Church in Beech Grove on Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 10:00 am.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Catholic Youth Organization of Indianapolis. Visit www.OrileyFuneralHome.com where you may express online condolences to the family.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.