Prayers for Jim Beeson -- long time IHSAA official

I talked to Jim Beeson today, and Jim told me that he has a stage 4 very aggressive pancreatic cancer and was given three weeks to maybe 9 weeks to live. He has a 6 cm mass on his Pancreas and five or six spots on his liver and in his lymph nodes. He is home in hospice care but very very tired. He has decided to forgo chemo and enjoy the remaining time with his kids and many grandchildren.  He has been anointed and receives holy communion every day. He just wants your prayers for his family and a happy death and join his beautiful wife and daughter in heaven!

Larry Williams

I will try and get a home address for Jim so you can send Jim a card of support.  Thanks.  Pete

When I began my coaching career in Indiana in 1994, Mr. Beeson was one of the most supporting, patient, and kind figures in Indianapolis wrestling to me.  I will never forget his advice and direction.  He truly is one of the great ones.   

Truly one of the most decent people I have had the pleasure to know in my time in Indiana High School Wrestling. Wishes for peace and reflection on a great life to Jim and his family from all of us in Arabian Wrestling.

Dave Cloud

Update............ Jim passed peacefully at 7:45AM on this Easter morning. A very fitting time to be called home for this very spiritual family man of 15 children, 7 of who were by his side this morning. Jim lost his wife and a daughter in the past year, and his 14 living children and plethora of grandchildren will cherish his memory. More details regarding his service will be forthcoming.

Rest in peace old buddy!

May Jim's soul be rejoicing with our Heavenly Father. May the reward of a life well lived be that he has now seen the face of God and knows Him as only one can in eternity. Jim was simply and definitively a fine man.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.