ISWA Folkstyle State - adding sectionals, regionals...

Just wondering if Indiana will ever add qualification series for the Folkstyle youth state tournament? I myself would love to see Sectionals, Regionals, qualification rounds for the state tournament. What are everyone else's thoughts? 

Add Sectionals, Regionals and Semi-Semi-State - maybe have it follow each of the High School Meets? 

The State Tournament this weekend has youth brackets with 45+ guys in it!!

The hardest part about that is many club tournaments fall after HS state so. A long time ago you had to place top 3 at a tournament to qualify for state....but lets be honest...there are almost 2000 wrestlers there this weekend....Thats a lot of money to put the piggy bank. My biggest concern is some of the start times.  Peewees starting at 2pm is a nightmare..These kids have a hard time staying into it after round 2 in a 4 man bracket and 2 hours into a tournament...now 4 and 5 year olds get to run around for hours before they even wrestle...Those who are gonna be on the podium are those who can fight through the adversity of naptime...lol

I agree, wouldn't want to not make money as the ISWA does so much for wrestling, just would be nice to figure a qualifying system, and not have outrageous brackets. I also agree that start times are crazy. Sunday Novice starts at 8am, but with time switch (we are in Nw Indiana) kids are starting at 6am. Honestly if we could start Folkstyle season and run with HS schedule that would allow Indiana to get Freestyle and Greco back on the map! We'd be able to have more tournaments in FS/GR. 

15 hours ago, TripleB said:

4 regionals, top 8 qualify for state and have 32 man brackets. Do this for all SB and below.

I was preaching to anybody that would listen. 

and as usual..................no one was listening to you !!!!...LOL

I did get stopped by this very LARGE guy on several occasions and this idea was attempted to be pounded into my ear drum numerous times.  I have suggested to this LARGE guy to get on the discussion board to help fix MS state first and when that is completed use that as a guideline to show the successful results to the ISWA board for Folkstyle state. 

We will now see what his commitment is to launching LARGE ideas for the better of youth wrestling. 

Oh and BTW TripleB is my buddy

#PainTrain  (#)) TheCounty

2 hours ago, JMILL said:

and as usual..................no one was listening to you !!!!...LOL

I did get stopped by this very LARGE guy on several occasions and this idea was attempted to be pounded into my ear drum numerous times.  I have suggested to this LARGE guy to get on the discussion board to help fix MS state first and when that is completed use that as a guideline to show the successful results to the ISWA board for Folkstyle state. 

We will now see what his commitment is to launching LARGE ideas for the better of youth wrestling. 

Oh and BTW TripleB is my buddy

#PainTrain  (#)) TheCounty

Put my face on the MS Medals and I'm all in!!!

#TripleBPresentsMSState

16 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Put my face on the MS Medals and I'm all in!!!

#TripleBPresentsMSState

@TripleB this has been a complaint about MS state, the medals are not big enough so no way to put your face on them.........maybe your left eye or ear ???

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.