TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS - 285

base

Jayruss had idea of showing a seeded bracket from last 16 years of state champions. Had to combine some weights. Seeding based on

1. Winning pct - shows dominance that season
  2. Grade - gives advantage to more experience
  3. Number of state titles - advantage to continued success (last number on each line)
  4. Season wins

image.png.71ee42a37b35c5e1fb37876a8632f6e3.png

I was about to say You left off 1995 HW state champion Bubba Dickerson of New Castle.. he pinned his way through state as a junior and sadly passed away before he could wrestle his senior year.. He was a absolute monster.. but it's the last 16 years.. too bad this wasn't the top 16 of all time or as long as we could remember... good thread though..Id pick either Ruggeri or pokorney as the favorites imho

37 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Chalfant would be hard to be his senior year. 

Kasten was a stud..he’s be tough. 

Dexter larimore was an animal. 

Tough weight to pick. 

I’d have to go with streck

You Remember Ruggeri throwing Larimore that year?  Was NASTY

1 hour ago, leaveitonthemat said:

As much of a Parris fan as I am, I am not sure he's beating some of these guys.  The weight differential is huge.  Look at Snyder/Coon.  

I'd love to see it...mason is giving up 40 pounds and you're right about it being a major factor..

Not sure if he was the best of the group but Ruggeri had the most dominant performance at state over the past 15 years in my opinion.  3 First period falls and a technical fall at 275 is a helluva weekend!

First Round:

Chad Ruggeri (34-0), Mount Vernon (12) vs. Justin Bischoff (25-13), Franklin County (12), Fall, :46.

Quarterfinals:

Chad Ruggeri (35-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Joshua Turner (39-6), Hammond Morton (12), Fall, 1:14.

Semifinals:

Chad Ruggeri (36-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. David Benner (45-2), Benton Central (12), Technical Fall, 5:08 (17-1).

Finals:

Chad Ruggeri (37-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Dexter Larimore (49-3), Merrillville (10), Fall, 1:10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.