TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS - 145

base

Jayruss had idea of showing a seeded bracket from last 16 years of state champions. Had to combine some weights. Seeding based on

1. Winning pct - shows dominance that season
  2. Grade - gives advantage to more experience
  3. Number of state titles - advantage to continued success (last number on each line)
  4. Season wins

image.png.97a37fe7f86baed495b850d26c815e63.png

Big T-shirts over little T.. but if the big brother factor wasn't In play Jason beats him..Jason was more fundamentally sound on the mat imho..Alex was ridden a whole period on Friday night by schrock and the place was In shock and Jason had the advantage of learning from his brothers lessons..but alex wins cuz lil brother never beats big bro

2 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Big T-shirts over little T.. but if the big brother factor wasn't In play Jason beats him..Jason was more fundamentally sound on the mat imho..Alex was ridden a whole period on Friday night by schrock and the place was In shock and Jason had the advantage of learning from his brothers lessons..but alex wins cuz lil brother never beats big bro

I agree and that hurt him in college. Jason def learned from his big bro and why he became a national champ 

2 minutes ago, navy80 said:

I agree and that hurt him in college. Jason def learned from his big bro and why he became a national champ 

Yup..when you don't get tested and are ssi dominant it can hinder you in college..Jason took his lumps and had stiffer comp in HS

4 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Wesley English wad damn good lost in finals to Alex ..iirc he did beat Alex at iswa state and so did Coughlin.. I'm 100 percent Coughlin did but 60 on English..  English was a multiple time all American greco and fs

I remember watching coughlin beat Alex. That was wild. 

English was a beast. He went toe to toe with Alex several times. Did he get hurt or something? Kind of disappeared off the radar I thought

3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Under seeded you are in this bracket..3x under the lights and a 3rd is damn impressive.. imho you beat Lawrence, Malloy and Young ranked ahead of you... but i get why malloy ranked higher being a 2xer.

It's all good! Well keep it a secret my loses were to other state champions ;) love how he out all these together. Some of these brackets would be AWESOME TO watch. 

6 hours ago, Cosgrove said:

It's all good! Well keep it a secret my loses were to other state champions ;) love how he out all these together. Some of these brackets would be AWESOME TO watch. 

That's how Brennan Campbell and conor Mullins were.. almost all their losses came to state champions. And those 2 are 2 of the best to never win a stare title imhi.. Mullins is still one of thr most successful youth wrestlers Indiana's ever seen as well.. over 30 iswa state titles... I'd pay 100 bucks a bracket to watch these lol

14 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That's how Brennan Campbell and conor Mullins were.. almost all their losses came to state champions. And those 2 are 2 of the best to never win a stare title imhi.. Mullins is still one of thr most successful youth wrestlers Indiana's ever seen as well.. over 30 iswa state titles... I'd pay 100 bucks a bracket to watch these lol

I guarantee Connor Mullins did not have over 30 ISWA titles. 

Man this one was wild! Couldn’t throw the guy Gavin McGinley in there!? His creditionals were solid, maybe not impressive as some of these folks, but dang... from my possible BIASED opinion, I think he beats 9 of these fellas. Here’s my top 4:

1st: J. Tsirtsis 

2nd: A. Tsirtsis

3rd: Biddle

4th: Melloy 

Edited by Tony McGinley
J/k MACGILL was 140...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.