Who impressed you the most

grappleapple

Conner Graber's advancement really surprised me. Because he'd lost a match and because of how tough Walton's been for a few years, I thought for sure Walton and Allred would be head and shoulders above the rest. It turns out Cressell and Graber really evolved into beasts. Graber's tenacity and explosiveness caught me off guard almost every time he went for an attack.

Three guys stood above the rest for me. 2 are obvious. 

B Lee and Parris had some great careers. Can't say enough about these studs. I'm excited to see what they can accomplish at the next level. 

KRIS RUMPH - super impressive. They just don't make raw athletes like that very often. Kid impressed me every match he wrestled and was the most entertaining guy to watch in the tourney.

18 minutes ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

Three guys stood above the rest for me. 2 are obvious. 

B Lee and Parris had some great careers. Can't say enough about these studs. I'm excited to see what they can accomplish at the next level. 

KRIS RUMPH - super impressive. They just don't make raw athletes like that very often. Kid impressed me every match he wrestled and was the most entertaining guy to watch in the tourney.

Yeah - of course Lee and Parris were impressive. I had seen them wrestle several times though. I was referring to wrestlers I hadn't seen in action yet.

4 minutes ago, Hornet Coach said:

Fattore impressed me the most and it had nothing to do with his wrestling.  This young man carried himself like a champion after a questionable call.  Nicely done young man!

Absolutely. Not knowing him personally at all, he carried himself extremely well even when faced with that questionable call. I was also really impressed with the attitude of Sam Hansen of Roncalli. He seemed to be having the time of his life, and was very polite. I talked to him for a second after the finals and he was just a very gracious kid.

1 minute ago, grappleapple said:

Absolutely. Not knowing him personally at all, he carried himself extremely well even when faced with that questionable call. I was also really impressed with the attitude of Sam Hansen of Roncalli. He seemed to be having the time of his life, and was very polite. I talked to him for a second after the finals and he was just a very gracious kid.

Sam Hansen is a hell of a kid, I was happy to see him make the finals.

2 hours ago, grappleapple said:

Sam will continue his wrestling career at Marian University with plans to enter the priesthood!

My vote goes to Nick South.

I knew nothing about him going into E'ville SS. He was extremely impressive that weekend & again at State as well. Beating Mappes in the finals two weeks in a row 3-2 then 9-6.

Congats to Columbus East as a whole. They have always been a good program but really elevated to an elite level this year.

23 hours ago, SIACfan said:

My vote goes to Nick South.

I knew nothing about him going into E'ville SS. He was extremely impressive that weekend & again at State as well. Beating Mappes in the finals two weeks in a row 3-2 then 9-6.

Congats to Columbus East as a whole. They have always been a good program but really elevated to an elite level this year.

Kid's built like a brick s*&%house, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.