What High School is Kamariyon Nelson going to?

BrennanFan

Nelson is long and lanky for a 106 pounder, and a total hammer on top. Handled his entire bracket. As he gets older I see him jumping up a lot in weight with his frame, but at 106 this year I think he can wrestle with anyone.

Seltzer looked great too. Dominated a state champ and then gave Moran as much as he could ask for. Got in deep on a lot of shots that Moran just defended very well. I hope we get a rematch this season in a full 6-minute match. 

And Mendez doesn’t need anymore said about him at this point, but wow; that domination of Lowery....

This is an insanely talented 1-2-3 punch of freshman at the first three weights. I’m looking forward to watching them for the next four years.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:19 PM, Caleb Spires said:

Nelson is long and lanky for a 106 pounder, and a total hammer on top. Handled his entire bracket. As he gets older I see him jumping up a lot in weight with his frame, but at 106 this year I think he can wrestle with anyone.

Seltzer looked great too. Dominated a state champ and then gave Moran as much as he could ask for. Got in deep on a lot of shots that Moran just defended very well. I hope we get a rematch this season in a full 6-minute match. 

And Mendez doesn’t need anymore said about him at this point, but wow; that domination of Lowery....

This is an insanely talented 1-2-3 punch of freshman at the first three weights. I’m looking forward to watching them for the next four years.

On 9/10/2018 at 6:19 PM, Caleb Spires said:

Thank you for complimenting KT Mr. Spires, and it is an honor for KT to be mentioned in the same conversation with the likes of Seltzer, Moran, Mendez, and Lowery.

Under the direction of Coach Red, Coach Snyder, and Coach Ayersman, I hope we will see lots of growth from KT over the next 4 years. 

I finally see the spark in him that I havent seen since he broke his arm and had to have surgery a few years ago. It has been a long and patient recovery, but he has never given up his competitive spirit.

Insight on my thoughts about his weight, but who knows?:

I didnt compete in high school because I went to a small christian high school that didnt have a wrestling team, and my parents did not support wrestling. But in the 80's, under Coach James Shannon, I was an off season training partner for Matt Stevens and Robby Deters. In fact, the only 2 medals that I earned, 1 gold and 1 silver, I have because Coach Deters' Dad picked me up and took me to the tournaments, and he also paid for those trips and registration because my parents refused to support my dream. I still have these medals and cherish the memories. Those were some very memorable times that I cherish forever. My heart is forever grateful to the Deters Family for giving me that.

Although I didnt compete, I was a wrestler, and therefore, I remember my weight as follows:

I weighed 105 pounds when I was 14 years old. I weighed 135 pounds when I was 18 years old. 150 at 21.

I had the same build that KT has, only he is much more handsome than me.

Edited by Matthew Nelson

4 hours ago, Matthew Nelson said:

Thank you for complimenting KT Mr. Spires, and it is an honor for KT to be mentioned in the same conversation with the likes of Seltzer, Moran, Mendez, and Lowery.

Under the direction of Coach Red, Coach Snyder, and Coach Ayersman, I hope we will see lots of growth from KT over the next 4 years. 

I finally see the spark in him that I havent seen since he broke his arm and had to have surgery a few years ago. It has been a long and patient recovery, but he has never given up his competitive spirit.

I didnt compete in high school because I went to a small christian high school that didnt have a wrestling team, and my parents did not support wrestling. But in the 80's, under Coach James Shannon, I was an off season training partner for State Champion Matt Stevens and Robby Deters. In fact, the only 2 medals that I earned, 1 gold and 1 silver, I have because Coach Deters' Dad picked me up and took me to the tournaments, and he also paid for those trips and registration because my parents refused to support my dream. I still have these medals and cherish the memories. Those were some very memorable times that I cherish forever. My heart is forever grateful to the Deters Family for giving me that.

Although I didnt compete, I was a wrestler, and therefore, I remember my weight as follows:

I weighed 105 pounds when I was 14 years old. I weighed 135 pounds when I was 18 years old. 150 at 21.

Matt, I can see where KT gets his respect from. Being from the dirty south, I’ve had the privilege to see KT wrestle and also chatted with him a few times around the gyms. Always a very respectful young man who is easy to approach. You sir, always seem to be very respectful as well. While I hated to see you all go, I wish nothing but the best not only for KT and his future, but for you and your family as well. 

Memdez, I’ve yet to have the privilege of seeing him wrestle live. But after what was witnessed this week on track, I’m sure I’ll get plenty of opportunities under the lights. 

All these hammers coming up these days are a direct tribute to such programs as MCWC, Red Cobra, And all the other programs out there. Kudos to all the coaches being in the gym with these hammers. It sure gives old farts like me some awesome entertainment. 

14 hours ago, Matthew Nelson said:

I didnt compete in high school because I went to a small christian high school that didnt have a wrestling team, and my parents did not support wrestling. But in the 80's, under Coach James Shannon, I was an off season training partner for State Champion Matt Stevens and Robby Deters. In fact, the only 2 medals that I earned, 1 gold and 1 silver, I have because Coach Deters' Dad picked me up and took me to the tournaments, and he also paid for those trips and registration because my parents refused to support my dream. I still have these medals and cherish the memories. Those were some very memorable times that I cherish forever. My heart is forever grateful to the Deters Family for giving me that.

Matt Stevens wasn't a state champ.  He was runner up to Jason Terry in '91 and was later DQ'd for working out with a wrestler from another school during the post season.  I believe it was Chad Williams from Southridge, who was a placer in '91 as well.  Rob Deters didn't win state either, but his little brother did.

1 minute ago, MD92 said:

Matt Stevens wasn't a state champ.  He was runner up to Jason Terry in '91 and was later DQ'd for working out with a wrestler from another school during the post season.  I believe it was Chad Williams from Southridge, who was a placer in '91 as well.  Rob Deters didn't win state either, but his little brother did.

If there was only a place to find all of that information....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.