Best Career

MD92

Who had the best career?  

171 members have voted

1. 1. Best Career?

• Mason Parris
    • Brayton Lee

Given the question, I don't see how you can't go with Parris. But this doesn't mean Parris is better than Lee.

Lee got unfortunate & got caught by a very good/funky wrestler in Bethel in the ticket round as a freshman. Lee mounted a tremendous comeback & simple ran out of time. I was fortunate enough to have witnessed that match, & IMO Lee would of won a rematch (but Bethel completely earned/deserved the victory).

Perfect example of why wrestlebacks are a bad idea - Lee may have been a 4-timer!

2 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Given the question, I don't see how you can't go with Parris. But this doesn't mean Parris is better than Lee.

Lee got unfortunate & got caught by a very good/funky wrestler in Bethel in the ticket round as a freshman. Lee mounted a tremendous comeback & simple ran out of time. I was fortunate enough to have witnessed that match, & IMO Lee would of won a rematch (but Bethel completely earned/deserved the victory).

Perfect example of why wrestlebacks are a bad idea - Lee may have been a 4-timer!

I think there was another Lee in that weight class would've had some say in him being a 4 timer

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

I think there was another Lee in that weight class would've had some say in him being a 4 timer

You are correct, I did say may have been. The 4-timer reference was simply convenient to my point about wrestlebacks.

Actually, your point brings up another angle to that story. With wrestlebacks we may have gotten to see the highly anticipated Lee/Lee matchup. Instead it the story ends with the Bethel upset over B. Lee.

40 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Sometimes those losses are the catalyst to creating the career he has after.

It's easy to go with Lee 

Super 32 placer 2x

UWW AA 2x beating a few college studs

3time state champ

WNO winner

Fargo Placer

Mason won nhsca and flo 

I think comparing those statistics on top of everything Blee was objectively better in terms of career. Mason did great but I think numbers show pound for pound blee went out there and won in much more difficult scenarios 

43 minutes ago, SIACfan said:

Wait why are wrestlebacks bad? Cause a deserving wrestler can compete for a title like he can in literally 49 other states

Just now, Fabio Jr. said:

It's easy to go with Lee 

Super 32 placer 2x

3time state champ

WNO winner

Fargo Placer

Mason won nhsca and flo 

I think comparing those statistics on top of everything Blee was objectively better in terms of career. Mason did great but I think numbers show pound for pound blee went out there and won in much more difficult scenarios 

Maybe I am wrong but given this is the Indiana HS forum, I assumed we were talking HS career.

Lee focused more on wrestling during the off season. Thus, he has more credentials. 

Parris played football on a state runner up team. That requires a lot of off season work as wel. Mason didn’t focus on year round wrestling, thus, he has less credentials. 

Mason Parris dominated at heavy weight which is more impressive than lee dominating at a lower weight. 

I just dont don’t think you can compare the two in their high school careers. And I mean just high school ihsaa affiliates matches, not freestyle etc. 

I think this is too close to call at this point.  If you look at only Indiana high school career, then you would give a slight advantage to Mason.  If you consider all of the national tournaments included, then you would give a slight edge to Brayton. I personally think it's a tie at this point.  We should revisit this after they continue their great careers in college and possibly international to know which has the better career.

I voted Mason Parris and here is why. 

Best at high school career. 

High school state finals results-

Mason- 11 pins 3 major decisions 

three state titles and a third place

brayton lee- 7 tech falls  1 pin  1 md and 3 decisions  

three state titles  

Best high school career- easily Mason Parris  

best at non high school career- easily Brayton Lee  

40 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

So everything else is null and void? Yeah let's just not mention obvious facts and instead believe with our hearts! Vote who you want but like I said the answer is objectively clear. 

You are hardly objective, but you make a good case.

I went with Parris strictly based off high school season career. Parris had one loss and that was semis to Osborn his freshman year, Osborn went on to win it. B lee had one loss but it was ticket round to bethel, I believe bethel beat a few highly touted kids in his careers, another one with the last name Lee also lol but if we are going as far as wrestling career, it’s cut and dry B lee because of his national success at many many different tourneys. 

3 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

Parris had one loss and that was semis to Osborn his freshman year, Osborn went on to win it.

If I remember correctly he lost by only 1 point, because he couldn't get in on a takedown in the closing seconds of the match.

2 hours ago, Fabio Jr. said:

It's easy to go with Lee 

Super 32 placer 2x

3time state champ

WNO winner

Fargo Placer

Mason won nhsca and flo 

If mason would of competed in as many off season tournaments as blee he would have the same off season accolades... I mean he is also ranked #1 in the country at his weight so one could only assume he would of did well at super 32’s, etc, etc

16 minutes ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

I can’t wait to watch them both at the next level. Has anyone heard anything about either of them redshirting or not?

Parris may step right into the lineup with Adam Coon graduating this year. Lee has shot to wrestle as a true freshman, but I think they'd rather redshirt him

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.