2018 Dream Team Classic April 14

Y2CJ41

Just now, brickfor6 said:

I don't see it on Floarena, or advertised on Flo. I want to watch. Just want to make sure I don't miss it.

https://www.flowrestling.org/live/4798-2018-cliff-keen-dream-team-classic-wrestling/

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6126060-2018-cliff-keen-dream-team-classic

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

1. I don't think they go to the same place back to back

2. I'm not putting myself through third much stress and planning again within a year.

Year two would be much easier. Plus... From what I understand, you have some great host families that are going to make sure these guys have a blast. I'm sure the team feedback from team USA will be awesome! BTW.... Thanks for doing this.

10 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Year two would be much easier. Plus... From what I understand, you have some great host families that are going to make sure these guys have a blast. I'm sure the team feedback from team USA will be awesome! BTW.... Thanks for doing this.

Easier yes, less stressful...no.

After putting together a team at an unnamed event I asked myself how could we go bigGER and we went to the Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic. After the PWC I again asked myself(and others) how could we go bigGER...then came this. Not sure what's next, but we are always trying to find new and exciting ways to promote the wrestlers of this state.

On 4/11/2018 at 11:55 AM, Thor said:

I don't understand why everyone hates Flo so much? What's the other alternative, track? I have never had a good streaming experience from them. Flo brings great production value, better commentators, and better streaming than track

Can only speak for myself.  But only an annual option is not ideal for some people.  Sometimes they offer a monthly, but at $30 for one month, that's a bit pricey for one event someone may want to catch.  My issue is I subscribed for Who's #1, got crappy, choppy video that was pretty much unwatchable.  Emailed an hour after asking for refund and they blamed it on my computer/internet, which is the same computer/internet I had used watching previous events that had run fine.  They canceled my annual but charged me for for a month at $29.95 because they said they could have fixed it mid-event.  So I paid $30 for about an hour of sh*tty video.  They won't get another dime of my money with that kind of service.  I've heard similar stories, so I don't believe I am the only one.  Not to mention FloArena sucks and no wrestler profiles like TW has.   

I bought a number of tickets. They are all under my name and two different transactions. We are all driving separate and will arrive at different times. Can groups of people use my name to get their tickets and leave the rest for the others? 

1 minute ago, pwilso9 said:

I bought a number of tickets. They are all under my name and two different transactions. We are all driving separate and will arrive at different times. Can groups of people use my name to get their tickets and leave the rest for the others? 

Yes they can, just have them tell the ticket people they only need X of the tickets and others are coming. It would help if they had the invoice number to verify the purchase and no one trying to get it with your name.

36 minutes ago, Disco said:

Yea, that shaved ice guy, walking up and down the aisle all the time, gets real annoying.

Not as bad as the cotton candy guy @ Banker's Life:)

But as good as the wrestling is going to be we could probably eat cardboard and not notice!!!!

On April 12, 2018 at 6:03 AM, FANMAN said:

I hear we have a bunch of guys tough as nails.  Don’t let them bring any hammers !! 

Good luck wrestlers !! 

Haha I also noticed a gratuitous use of the phrase "tough as nails"

Thought the interview was great though, nice work. While I'll be rooting for Indiana of course I'm especially hoping Colin Poynter has a bounce back performance and brings his best. Air Force is getting a quality wrestler.

Edited by Silvertone1696

A flat 7 lb allowance makes no sense to me.  I'm not talking about this event specifically, but all events that have a large allowance.  What i mean is a 7 lb allowance to a guy that wrestles 106-120 is far greater than one wrestling 182-220, from a percentage of weight perspective.  I guess it doesn't matter since both sides have it the same, but it just seems like the lower weight guys have a much bigger advantage in making weight or moving down a class.  Am I missing something?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.